The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-06-2017, 08:57 AM

Default Visit with Hartley Peavey

I visited Peavey headquarters in Meridian yesterday to talk with their GM for commercial audio about a project. He asked if I wanted to say hello to Hartley Peavey and I said sure. Hartley came out, shook my hand then took me straight over to four Carbon Acoustic guitars on display and started talking about them. He says he tweaked the design a bit to make the guitar stronger where the neck joins the body. It was obvious that, at 75, he is still passionate about what he does.

I know many of us got our start with Peavey gear and consider some of the products "entry level" but he has developed and acquired some world class lines that are in some of the finest venues in the world. Don't think he gets his due for his decades of work.

Anyway, he ended up taking me to lunch and even posed for a couple of pictures you can see by clicking the link. One shot is of infamous Rolling Stones red lipped urinals....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/537285...posted-public/

[/URL]
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah

Last edited by Ruppster; 12-06-2017 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Trying to get photos to load
Old 12-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Guest 928

Ruppster;

What an interesting visit! And lunch too!! I like what Peavey has done with CA CF guitars and look forward to when the company adds to the line. Thanks for reporting on your visit. Now you need to purchase a Peavey and see if you can get the Mr. to sign it for you.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:06 PM

I think the man has made some amazingly affordable and giggable instruments, amps, and gear over the years. But I've been less impressed at where the company seems to be going, and how it's adapting. I know it was a bit of a hit piece, but the Peavey episode of "Undercover Boss" did not improve my assessment.

I'm glad you had a good time, hopefully you got information that contradicts my biases. I'd rather Peavey continue to be a healthy competitor in their segment of the market. And I'm still sort of secretly jonesing for a Trans Tube series Peavey Bandit with the Sheffield speaker, the amp that launched several thousand musicians of my generation.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:52 PM

Cool! I met him at my first NAMM experience .. nice guy, he even saw some of my CA videos. So got that going for me... or something like that... but no lunch in the deal... sigh...
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-06-2017, 07:19 PM
Guest 928

Mr. K;

You've been slighted! When you see Mr. P. at the next NAMM you should point out that he has been remiss. Maybe you could get dinner as well?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Mr. K;

You've been slighted! When you see Mr. P. at the next NAMM you should point out that he has been remiss. Maybe you could get dinner as well?

But I am a wee hungry now...sigh...

I didn't see him last year...maybe this year ... if Stevie Wonder or Sinbad or Lawrence Gruber or Eric Skye or contestants from the "The Voice"... well its a long list.. doesn't/don't get in the way.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-06-2017, 11:56 PM

Ask him for the return of the 12.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber