The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-18-2014, 09:57 AM

Default DI box for electric guitar piezo sound

Hi everyone,
i have an Ibanez RG2020x with piezo. I would use his piezo sound live blended with the clean sound. To improve the acoustic sound i should buy a DI pedal…
Which one do you suggest me?
Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

That guitar should have a switch that blends the piezo with the magnetics on the primary output directly on the guitar. The second output is for piezo-only. What are you trying to plug into? I'm not sure a DI will help you improve the acoustic sound but one of these might...

https://www.shorelinemusic.com/music...tar-mama-bear/

Or in a stompbox....

http://www.amazon.com/Fishman-PRO-AI...5&sr=8-2-fkmr1

Or if you don't want to go the modeling route, a good stombox EQ might get you to the sound you want. A lot is going to depend on the amp you're running this into.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:45 AM

Thank you! My guitar didn't have the switch to bland the two sounds but had the two separate outputs. So live i can get the blinded sound using di piezo output right through the P.A. and the clean sound also through the P.A. by microphoning the amp...
I'll check the stuff that you suggest to me,now thank you

ps: i've think i should use a D.I box 'cause my piezo sound directly on the P.A. sounds good but it runs of frequencies...seems a bit "small"..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars