The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-14-2017, 03:39 AM

Default TC G Natural- still relevant?

Hi- quick bit of background- currently planning on changing around my live sound- currently use D18 and M38, both with K&K pure mini- into a Polytune- Ditto X2- Flashback- HOF and Fishman Platinum Pro- Soloamp. I play solo or with a female vocalist. However recently bought a K&K Pure XLR and far prefer that sound and accessibility- (I have it velcroed onto a shelf on my mic stand).

I dont like the Flashback much (too fiddly) and never use the HOF but instead the reverb on my Soloamp. Also struggle to get a decent sound out of the Fishman so they are out currently. But what I do need is a boost (for when I play fingerstyle so I dont lose volume) and a few Delay settings, and possibly compression (although again I rarely use this).

Ive got a lead on a used G Natural which has all of these effects and more- and I like the idea of saving a few patches- I always wanted one of these back in the day but aware there are a lot newer systems out there now. Are these still considered to be good? Is there anything else that has these functions out there? Not really interested in the vocal effects.

The other option is a Boss GE7 as a boost and basic delay pedal (Carbon copy maybe?)

Any opinions gratefully received. Thanks

http://www.indigoacoustic.com
http://www.richardmillnsmusic.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification