The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 AM

Default Soundcraft signature series of mixers

Has anyone tried ot the new Soundcraft range of mixers. The signature series.
They are meant to have the ghost preamps on them . Plus they now have compression on some channels as well as Hi z inputs for electro acoustic guitars.

Do yo know if they are an improvement on there EFX range?

Dave
Old 09-14-2017, 03:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi Dave. I just replaced an older Mackie with a SoundCraft Signature 10 and am really enjoying it. I need it to control a supplemental PA (when my Bose L1 Model II isn’t adequate) as well as to provide me with a “headphone PA”. The Ghost pre's are very clean, the ‘British’ EQ (with "sweepable" mid's) is first rate, and I like the Lexicon/dbx effects (especially having 2 parameter controls). SoundCraft claim ‘studio grade’ effects, and I have found the combinations to be acceptable. Very flexible routing capabilities should allow this mixer to stay around my place for awhile. True 48V Phantom power and a clean headphone amp give me the versatility I am looking for in a mixer right now.

I have not used either of the two Hi-Z inputs, as my guitars go through an outboard preamp for impedance matching, first. But your post made me revisit the topic. The Manual states the Hi-Z Inputs feature 968kOhms (hmmm, that’s a bit less than 1MOhm). They are definitely “higher” than the mic Inputs (1.2kOhms), but doesn’t seem very “Hi” compared to a Fishman Loudbox (amp) or Spectrum (DI) input at 5MOhms or an LR Baggs Venue (DI) input at 10MOhms. Maybe someone can add more light to that topic.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:04 AM

Smile

Thanks Chris. I have always loved sound raft mixers. Even there very small ones they use to do

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification