The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-28-2017, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

Had a great time meeting Dan and checking out this Stehr at SB. Doug describes it well as rich and haunting--incredible low end rumbling that doesn't break up. A total tone monster for sure!

And best wishes for Dan on his recovery--he has an awesome attitude that will carry him through.
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 08-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Injuries! Man they are scary... I often reflect that I was lucky to survive my childhood and younger days!

May I suggest investigating nutrition and therapy for this...

Get back to playing as soon as possible! Maybe sooner!

Have fun in SB. Wish I could have come.

Cheeers

Paul
Thank you for the well wishes. I went through therapy for a few weeks after surgery and graduated. Doctor said that playing guitar is good therapy, so I was happy to hear that! I eat fairly healthy and I'm relatively active so I think it's just a matter of time and patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
I met up with Nootis after a guitar workshop at SBAIC where he had this Stehr Baritone. It looks even better in person than the pictures and the deep rich sound is haunting. Best on healing from your injuries and great to see you again!
It was nice catching up with you and your girlfriend, and I'm glad you got to play it. Hopefully we'll catch up in Santa Barbara next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Had a great time meeting Dan and checking out this Stehr at SB. Doug describes it well as rich and haunting--incredible low end rumbling that doesn't break up. A total tone monster for sure!

And best wishes for Dan on his recovery--he has an awesome attitude that will carry him through.
Thanks Kevin. It was a pleasure meeting you and your son, and I'm glad you were able to check out my guitar.

I really didn't have my recording set up and time flew by. Maybe this weekend I can figure out how to get a recording up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop