The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 PM

Default What exactly is this guy doing? (Ain't Nobody cover, fingerstyle)

The video is not of the highest quality (camera position doesn't help) so I'm pretty clueless about some of the chords he is making. OK, he's got the capo on the 1st fret as to thumb-pick the low E in the intro, in the verse he has Fm on the 8th fret (raising and lowering non-barre notes), and in the chorus he has Cm7 on the 3rd fret "Hendrix" style with his thumb on the 5th and 6th string and C#maj7 on the 4th... and that's about it as I can gather. I'm especially clueless about the part "Now we're flying through the stars, I hope this night can last forever" with quick changes. Thanks for all your inputs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEus7tcc2Fw
Old 02-24-2017, 12:51 PM

What I get for the "flying through the stars" line is Cm 8-x-x-8-8-x (or maybe Cm7 8-x-8-8-8-x) followed by Dbmaj7 (9-x-10-10-9-x, 2 beats), then Db/Eb (11-x-11-10-9-x) to Bbm7b5 (x-1-6-6-5-x) - one beat each - and back to the 8th fret Fm. (That's frets counted from zero, 1 being open string capo fret.)
Old 03-09-2017, 04:21 PM

In the comments, he says....

+Felix M not yet mate, i've got to be honest completely forgot about this. I'm working on it but until then the chords are just Em (or Fm with capo 1). in the verse im sort of going between an Em and E11, then Cmaj7 E11 (or Dmaj triad) Cmaj7 (or Em triad). I've just confused myself with that load of bollocks so forget about that!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write