The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-29-2016, 08:09 AM

Default Hungarian Dance n° 5 by J. Brahms - Video

The very famous Hungarian Dance No. 5 (1852) by Johannes Brahms in my arrangement for classical guitar. http://www.chitarrarte.it

Old 11-29-2016, 09:09 AM

Bravo! Wonderful arrangement and playing!

Unfortunately, you are playing in front of glass doors, and there are so many echos in the room, that the sound and beauty of your music is lost. Generally, hard flat surfaces are not used in recording studios. Too many echos destroys the recording.

My suggestion is that you record in a different room in the house, probably the bedroom, where the bed and the curtains will absorb a lot of the bad reflections. This test won't cost anything. If you must record in the same location, get some thick curtains or blankets over those doors, and try to reduce the reflection. I'd be interested in listening to new recording. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by gfsark; 11-29-2016 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 12-10-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfsark View Post
Bravo! Wonderful arrangement and playing!

Unfortunately, you are playing in front of glass doors, and there are so many echos in the room, that the sound and beauty of your music is lost. Generally, hard flat surfaces are not used in recording studios. Too many echos destroys the recording.

My suggestion is that you record in a different room in the house, probably the bedroom, where the bed and the curtains will absorb a lot of the bad reflections. This test won't cost anything. If you must record in the same location, get some thick curtains or blankets over those doors, and try to reduce the reflection. I'd be interested in listening to new recording. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much for the nice comment and suggestions! However, in any case, it is almost impossible for me to get a professional recording (about sound quality) ... I should go to a recording studio but maybe you would lose even partially the spontaneity and authenticity ... greetings from Sicily!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:51 AM

I enjoyed it even if it was a bit echoey - lovely playing Thanks!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:53 AM

I enjoyed this. Great playing!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

I hear the echoes, but that's very well done and I enjoyed it! Lovely tune.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
brahms, guitar, hungarian dance