The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-29-2016, 06:25 PM

Default Logic Pro Issue, Help!

Flex Pitch Quantization parameters not showing up. Any ideas on how to solve this?
Old 01-29-2016, 06:30 PM

Will try this again.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:46 PM

Sorry, but I can't get the flickr image of my screenshot to appear. In the Audio Editor window of Logic Pro X the piano roll on the right is obscuring the flex pitch quantization parameters, rendering them unaccessible. any help is much appreciated.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:34 PM

i'm not quite sure of what you are asking without the pic. you may want to check with logic pro help and/or apple/discussions/logic. perhaps they will understand better than i. is this the new version that just came out a couple of days ago?

i'll guess tho, that you need to slide one of the two parameters one way to the other to open it up.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 01-30-2016, 11:08 AM

Here's the problem:

I found a solution at apple support. It was > Logic Pro X > Preferences > Initialize All Except Key Commands.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor B. View Post
Here's the problem:

I found a solution at apple support. It was > Logic Pro X > Preferences > Initialize All Except Key Commands.
Good sounds like you figured it out, how di dyou get your screen shot to work. I have had the problem with screen shots on Gear Sluts occasionally but not AGF with Photo Bucket. But have never figured out why.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 01-30-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Good sounds like you figured it out, how di dyou get your screen shot to work. I have had the problem with screen shots on Gear Sluts occasionally but not AGF with Photo Bucket. But have never figured out why.
PhotoBucket was down for maintenance yesterday so I had to use Flickr. That image hosting sites interface and features have changed since I last used it so I wound up listing the steps to post an image after several failed attempts (see posts above). Here are they are:
1) click on the image you want to use in your flickr photostream to isolate it.
2) click on white curved arrow (share photo icon) in lower right corner of isolated image. Dialogue box appears.
3) In dialogue box choose size then select and copy (Command-C) URL.
4) Paste (Command V) image URL into your AGF post.
5) isolate [img]URL........jpg[/img] from the entire URL by deleting everything outside of the [img] tags.
6)submit post.

The problem I was having with the partially hidden Flex Pitch Quantization parameters was a glitch in Logic Pro 10.1 which has been fixed in 10.2. I upgraded to it today. Those who have 10.1 and don't want to download and install the 10.2 upgrade can simply click hold the right edge of the keyboard graphic and drag to the right to show the Quantization parameters (in the Audio Editor window).
Hope all this makes sense to anyone experiencing the same issues.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:49 PM

Hey KevWind,
Sorry, I didn't really answer your question. I've never tried to post an image on GearSlutz so don't have any worthwhile suggestions at the ready. It does seem that the [img][/img] tags are critical along with a suffix code like jpg and/or png.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hey KevWind,
Sorry, I didn't really answer your question. I've never tried to post an image on GearSlutz so don't have any worthwhile suggestions at the ready. It does seem that the [img][/img] tags are critical along with a suffix code like jpg and/or png.
Interesting I'll have to check on GS perhaps it is the number- 5) that may do the trick. On GS for some reason it is only "screenshots ( PNG)" and not all the time. So what I ended up doing was drag the screenshot into i photo, and change it to JPEG then post it to photobucket and it worked fine.
And for future reference or perhaps you already know. On GS there is the "DAW Talk" (divided into the individual specific major DAW's) section of the "Music Computer" forum that you can get some good specific DAW info from.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 01-31-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Interesting I'll have to check on GS perhaps it is the number- 5) that may do the trick. On GS for some reason it is only "screenshots ( PNG)" and not all the time. So what I ended up doing was drag the screenshot into i photo, and change it to JPEG then post it to photobucket and it worked fine.
And for future reference or perhaps you already know. On GS there is the "DAW Talk" (divided into the individual specific major DAW's) section of the "Music Computer" forum that you can get some good specific DAW info from.
Thanks for the GS - DAW Talk info. I'll definitely check into that. Re: posting images; it's been my experience that on most forums photobucket is the easiest hosting site to use. Then again, I'm an old dude now so change is not something I readily embrace.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
PhotoBucket was down for maintenance yesterday so I had to use Flickr. That image hosting sites interface and features have changed since I last used it so I wound up listing the steps to post an image after several failed attempts (see posts above). Here are they are:
1) click on the image you want to use in your flickr photostream to isolate it.
2) click on white curved arrow (share photo icon) in lower right corner of isolated image. Dialogue box appears.
3) In dialogue box choose size then select and copy (Command-C) URL.
4) Paste (Command V) image URL into your AGF post.
5) isolate [img]URL........jpg[/img] from the entire URL by deleting everything outside of the [img] tags.
6)submit post.

The problem I was having with the partially hidden Flex Pitch Quantization parameters was a glitch in Logic Pro 10.1 which has been fixed in 10.2. I upgraded to it today. Those who have 10.1 and don't want to download and install the 10.2 upgrade can simply click hold the right edge of the keyboard graphic and drag to the right to show the Quantization parameters (in the Audio Editor window).
Hope all this makes sense to anyone experiencing the same issues.
that's why i asked if you had upgraded or not so to try to find out if it was in the older or newer version. also, you put in much better terms what i meant by dragging one way or another.
glad you got it figured out tho. i really like logic.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 01-31-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscmp View Post
that's why i asked if you had upgraded or not so to try to find out if it was in the older or newer version. also, you put in much better terms what i meant by dragging one way or another.
glad you got it figured out tho. i really like logic.

play music!
I really like Logic as well, although the new Alchemy synth in 10.2 may not be a feature I fully exploit in the foreseeable future. It'll take a while for me to explore some of the other new features. BTW - which version of Logic do you use?
Old 02-01-2016, 06:16 PM

i have the latest version that came out the other day, 10.2.1.

i also use live and reason. with that in mind, logic's alchemy is something i really like. it gives you some of those different sounds without having to twist too many virtual knobs. it is a very creative plug in that gives you a lot to work with. apple paid camel audio a ton of $ to buy alchemy and incorporate it into logic.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 02-02-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscmp View Post
i have the latest version that came out the other day, 10.2.1.

i also use live and reason. with that in mind, logic's alchemy is something i really like. it gives you some of those different sounds without having to twist too many virtual knobs. it is a very creative plug in that gives you a lot to work with. apple paid camel audio a ton of $ to buy alchemy and incorporate it into logic.

play music!
Haven't used alchemy yet but doing some basic recording with a local folk singer and must admit the new version of Logic seems a bit glitchy to me (i.e.disappearing output channel in the inspector, two bizarre crashes in two days, and selection issues).
Old 02-02-2016, 05:12 PM

have you updated to the latest el capitan, and, have you ran the disc utility?
may or may not help. i haven't had any problems so far with the new version.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Tags
flex pitch, logic pro x, quantize