The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 12-25-2014, 09:22 AM

Default Cocobolo Back & Sides, Bookmatched and Quartersawn

Well at least the ad says it is.
Quote:
I am a luthier who is building mainly classical guitars for about 30 years. Take into account all wood GRADING IS VERY SUBJECTIVE. Examine the pictures each set. What you see is what you get!!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:37 AM

I saw the original listing, I think the seller made a mistake on the listing. For a starting bid of $80 with a Adirondack soundboard included it's not bad nonetheless.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:20 AM

That is not a bad deal. Fully quartered cocobolo sets exist though not common.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:07 PM

Not saying whether it is a good deal or not, just that I do not see a quartered set there and as a luthier of 30 years I am sure he must not have missed the fact. Actually have seen it in a number of his ads. Others where he has the back wood mated to a top actually were not bad deals if you were looking for something along those lines.

Just curious, because I live in Canada I get a different shipping amount listed. What is the displayed shipping for the US?
Old 12-25-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
Not saying whether it is a good deal or not, just that I do not see a quartered set there and as a luthier of 30 years I am sure he must not have missed the fact. Actually have seen it in a number of his ads. Others where he has the back wood mated to a top actually were not bad deals if you were looking for something along those lines.

Just curious, because I live in Canada I get a different shipping amount listed. What is the displayed shipping for the US?
Most likely the guy has a template for the listing and didn't change the text...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair