The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D View Post
I'm really wanting to try out the vintage player. Does anyone know if it comes without electronics. I would much rather put in a k&k mini if I could. Thanks I have been trying to find this out but their site is prehistoric like another member said. Also I haven't found many online shops that carry them or local shops for that matter. Thanks
Give Danny at http://www.acousticpromusician.com a call. He can definitely get you one without electronics if it's at all possible.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:17 PM

Thanks so much. I'm trying to find a place to play one of these things. I think I have to wait a few more weeks so I can move to Alabama and make a visit to Gruhn guitars, I heard he has some. I'm just hoping it lives up to my expectations.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:21 PM

I bought one through Artisan Guitars...Bill is switching out the Fishman for me since I prefer the K&K. I will report back on how it works out.

Chris
and some nice guitars...
Old 03-15-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble View Post
I bought one through Artisan Guitars...Bill is switching out the Fishman for me since I prefer the K&K. I will report back on how it works out.

Chris

they can both that?

I would to get a d-tar wavelength into a Cargo!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Charter Member

You can order ANY of the CA guitars without electronics. Save some $$ too if you do that.

PTL
Old 03-16-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTL View Post
You can order ANY of the CA guitars without electronics. Save some $$ too if you do that.

PTL
Yep, but adding electronics later is difficult?

Is, can ya drill that stuff
Old 03-16-2008, 06:51 AM

Yes, you can drill a hole if needed. I was thinking the other day (something I do on occasion), and IMHO soundwise unplugged these CA Guitars sound much better than Ovations.

It's the Music That Really Matters!
Old 03-16-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compurocker View Post
and IMHO soundwise unplugged these CA Guitars sound much better than Ovations.

now that is the understatment of the year!! I even played an expensive adamas also that could not hold a candle to the CA guitars.

Ovations still use wood and it will still move with climate. Also the ovation finish will crack if not careful. The CA NOPE none of those issues. If you can crack your cars finish then maybe you can do damage the to CA guitars. They use automotive type finish.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:10 PM

I know the 8 Series are coming stock with the L.R. Baggs iMix System Onboard which is just killer. You get the iBeam and the Element and the ability to mix them. Every review I have read about the iMix gave it the Gold! You can get a Fishman Premium Blend if you request it and I hear it is also excellent. Unless specified you get the iMix. On their new website I read the reviews by Acoustic Guitar Magazine and Premier as well as others and they all give CA the Gold! The new website is better than the old one. Here it is for those of you who are interested: http://compositeacoustics.com/default.aspx

It's the Music That Really Matters!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber