The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-18-2017, 04:35 AM

Default Hauver custom Blind Blake Guitar

SOLD: I have for sale my Mike Hauver custom Blind Blake ladder braced concert guitar. This one is modeled after those great bygone era Stella concerts that are great for blues, piedmont etc.

Back and sides are Mahogany and the top is adirondack spruce (aged toner). Fretboard is ebony. This is a custom because it has the upgraded trim of the Charley Patton model with grained ivoroid on front and back of body. It also comes with Waverly Relic style vintage oval tuners. The nut width is 1 13/16" and the string spacing at the bridge is 2 5/16". I am the second owner. I purchased it from another Forum member (he was the original owner purchasing it Oct/2011). It has a very soft V neck, very comfortable. It is in pretty good condition with maybe a few small dings here and there. Happy to provide photographs (see below).

If you were to order from Mike this would cost you $3,000 today (non-custom Blind Blake's are $2600).

This guitar is in pretty good shape. After I purchased it, I became concerned about a slight belly below the bridge. Enough so that I sent the guitar to Mike and he installed an additional brace in that area. Did the job beautifully. The guitar has a finish crack on top about 3" long. I'm unclear how that came about exactly as I pulled it out right at the start of this year's heating season to put in an Oasis humidfier and there it was.

Were it not for the finish crack, I'd ask $2K. But cosmetics matter so instead the I'm asking SOLD. If interested, please email me at [email protected] and I can send some pictures with my iPhone or by email.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited by kcardinal; 03-04-2017 at 07:00 AM. Reason: sold
Old 02-18-2017, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

These are wonderful blues guitars! Had that exact same model pass through here and was very impressed by the Adirondack top's punchy responsiveness on such a small guitar.

Best of luck on the sale!
Old 02-18-2017, 01:42 PM

Default Hauver Blind Blake

Hi Ken,

I just sent you an email about the Hauver. Hope I'm not too late!

stoats

Alvarez-Yairi CY-127CE
Alvarez-Yairi C-116
Gibson ES-345(1964)
Guild F-50(1968)
Guild F-412(1972)
Guild Acoustic Bass
Kamaka white label Soprano
Larrivee P-03SA(2015)
OME Single X(1973)
Martin OMM-John Renbourn(2011)
Ibanez Piccolo Guitar
Old 02-25-2017, 08:52 AM

I've sent pictures to a couple people and one person inquired about the finish crack mentioned. They were worried about the installation of the new brace and whether that caused the finish crack.

I don't think so as I had the brace installed more than two years ago and the finish crack is in a different area and just appeared a few months ago.

In any event, it appears that stupid finish crack which I let happen is going to make this a bargain for someone. I'm lowering the price to SOLD on account of it.

Last edited by kcardinal; 03-04-2017 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 03-03-2017, 10:19 AM

Off to eBay.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars