The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD...CA Cargo Raw, Carbon fiber

SOLD...I am selling black CA Cargo Raw. I bought it used a couple of years ago. The guitar is in very good condition. Low action and deep bass. No scratches, dings or anything like that. It does not have a pickup. The original gig bag is included.

PM me if interested.

Last edited by Bluside; 03-01-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

You can't go wrong with these guitars and you're price is fair. Based on the tuners, I believe that it is not pre-Peavey, but nonetheless it's still a great little guitar.

Good luck with your sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootis View Post
You can't go wrong with these guitars and you're price is fair. Based on the tuners, I believe that it is not pre-Peavey, but nonetheless it's still a great little guitar.

Good luck with your sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Nootis. I took that part out of my ad. I also lowered the price a bit.

Last edited by Bluside; 02-27-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Regarding the tuners, it is difficult to say. I know that earlier, when the Cargo was priced around $799, Gotoh 510 miniature tuners were used. These were enclosed tuners, and are very well known and regarded for their high quality, as used by many higher end guitar builders. However, later on, when CA Guitars realized they needed to raise the price of the Cargo, they also switched to something called "Hipshot" tuners. I have never heard of these before that so all I know is that they are open geared tuners, as shown in your pictures. How they compare to the Gotoh 510, I have no idea.

My Cargos are from the $799 period and have the Gotoh 510 miniature tuners. I know for sure because I had the foresight to order spare sets of these from CA Guitars, along with extra nuts, saddles, and pins. I just figured that there was a chance the company would not last and I knew that the Cargo is a definite "keeper" even when other guitars in my collection come and go. It was just a sense, rather than being based on any specific knowledge.

I would therefore not determine if the guitar in question is an original CA Guitars model by the tuners. Most likely, the serial number would be the determining factor. I am reasonably sure that information allowing for aligning the serial number with date of manufacture to be around somewhere.

The bag you show in your picture looks identical to one of the bags that came with one of my Cargos (the earlier two don't have the company name on them). I don't know what Peavey is using these days.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-01-2017, 06:32 AM
Charter Member

March 1st bump.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars