The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-05-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Does this sound decent?

just interested

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3499417f110991/
Old 09-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Honestly, no!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 PM

what is this???????????? I don't feel comfortably entering my name into stuff like this.............................
Old 09-06-2007, 02:27 AM

To be honest, it sounds like the world's longest intro. Cut it in half and add a song (lyrics or a variation in melody), or loop it and overdub something, and then it might be more proper for us to pass judgment. "Decent?" Well, there are no obscenities in it (unless you've "backward-masked" it ). But though it's not my (or most posters' here so far) cup of tea, I've heard a heckuva lot worse.

It'd certainly help to know what you're trying to accomplish--how was this recorded, what effect(s) are you trying for, and is this a snippet of a work in progress?

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:30 PM

well, here's the deal i guess. It's a line on an acoustic i've been playing. I'd like to write lyrics to it whenever and an actual vocal harmony. I can't expect much with a downloaded recorder and almy l, and i basically just "tried" singing along with it. I know voice has tone problems, I started singing recently. As for the weird effect, I guess some sort of echo has been placed on it which i don't like myself. Are the criticisms more directed at voice or guitar?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:06 PM

whoa... what's going on there? it sounds really muddy and cluttered. maybe it's the echo effect.. but with the overlapping guitar, especially in the beginning, it doesn't sound good at all. maybe use a synthesized drum beat to give it some clarity. and please get rid of the echo.

i also agree with sandy... it sounds like an intro... not much substance to it.

keep at it. you'll get it. =)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell