The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-04-2014, 07:27 AM

Default Hot Tuna: Angel Of Darkness

Anyone familiar with playing HT's Angel Of Darkness? Here's an attached acoustic performance including co-writer and multi-instrumentalist/producer extraordinaire Larry Campbell playing rhythm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBM_oW-GcmA

For a simplified rhythm, without Larry's melody notes added I've arrived at F-G F-D-G for the verse and D-C-G for the chorus (the G kinda sounds right)...I play them all barred. Not quite sure on the bridge ("Your fate's in your hands darling..."), maybe back to F-G again.

I watched the video of Larry playing the fingerpicked/plucked rhythm and I'm stumped as to what chords they were. I guess that's why he's Larry Campbell and I'm me. I'd like to figure out Larry's more nuanced version, but would be happy just to get the strummed chords great. I could maybe figure out adding some melody notes to it.

Would welcome any suggestions. It's a great jammin' tune with some great lead possibilities as in the video with Jorma. I've checked for chords online and there's nothing that I could find.

Last edited by ADKer; 10-06-2014 at 07:31 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write