The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-29-2023, 07:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Amp Stand for Fishman Loudbox Mini

Hi folks,

Wondering what would be a good amp stand for the Fishman Loudbox Mini.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2023, 09:12 PM

It'll need to be able to hold a small unit. Maybe put a small piece of plywood on a regular amp stand so that it won't fall through or off. I have found that my Fishman Loudbox mini sounds better on the floor than elevated. That is just an opinion, though.

Let us know what you end up with, and how it sounds.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:40 PM

Are you giggling? Keep it simple and grab one at the bar
Old 09-29-2023, 10:26 PM
Charter Member

I line my LB Mini out to the board; I therefore use the amp as a stage monitor aimed up at me. So I us an upside down 24” folding stool from Walmart and place the amp in the cradle formed by the upturned legs. Alternatively, you could simply use the stool normally and place the amp on the seat. In either case, remove the seat cushion to maximize stability.
Old 09-30-2023, 07:22 AM

Any stand will do. There are tons of them out there. Keep in mind that once you raise it, you will notice less bass. It’s kind of the downside of getting an amp off the ground.
Old 09-30-2023, 07:29 AM

I really like the Gator Frameworks mini-stands that are a small version of a standard speaker stand. You can purchase the stand sockets to mount in a hole made in the bottom of your combo amp. You do have to verify there's nothing in the way internally, but that's usually not a problem.

Member martingitdave added a pole mount socket to his Loudbox Mini, see it HERE.

I added an extra socket to my Cube EX so I could flip it over and use either end. That lets me have the controls facing me regardless of which side of me the amp sits at. Since my amp is longish I also cut about 6 inches off the center pole so the amp would be lower when I am sitting next to it.

Last edited by Rudy4; 09-30-2023 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 08:49 AM

Try a tray jack. The kind you see in restaurants where they set the trays. Foldable, easy to carry, inexpensive.

Last edited by fender69; 10-10-2023 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-11-2023, 02:46 AM

What's the desired outcome, better sound for yourself or for the audience?

I use this to angle my Loudbox Artist: https://www.thomann.de/pl/aer_tiltsy...aegsteller.htm . The amp stays on the floor but is now pointing at my head instead of calves.

If you need it up in the air, I'd look at what mic/music stand companies have to offer, like K&M. Often you can get something like a tray that fits on a foldable speaker stand.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:16 AM
Charter Member

I just set mine on the floor, just behind and to my right. No wedge or stand or anything.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguitar View Post
Hi folks,

Wondering what would be a good amp stand for the Fishman Loudbox Mini.

Thanks!
Hi wg…
Back in the day, I used to use Cafeteria tray holders (X-stands) for holding speakers and amps. These are used by servers in restaurants to hold a tray which contains all the plates in an order when it's delivered to the table.

Now days I use a keyboard stand 3-5 feet behind me if I want my acoustic amp elevated to the level of my back when standing to play. I also use a lean-back amp stand for aiming upwards from beside or behind.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification