The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 PM

Default Many thanks...to all of you :)

3 months ago, I decided to buy my first acoustic guitar (yes, another newbie!) I stumbled upon this site and searched the threads for inexpensive, beginner guitars. After reading your many suggestions, I chose the Seagull S6 slim and I love it!
Since that time, I've been here alot looking for advice. My daughter, watching me practice every day, was envious and wanted her own guitar. Back to the AGF for suggestions, and then to Long and McQuade where she chose the S&P Songsmith Parlor. (I've been here enough to know I can't include the prices!)
We started practicing every night for an hour and wow!...our fingers hurt. AGF...Alcohol and aloe - Worked perfectly! Action and set up, humidity control, tuner, cappo, cleaning the guitar, which strings, how to change the strings, Justing guitar, Learn and Master guitar...the list of advice I've received is truly endless.
Today, I decided to register so I could post this thank-you to all of you...a wonderful group of generous people with valuable advice. You've helped me tremendously the past few months...THANK-YOU!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the kind words, and especially the image of you and your daughter playing guitar together. Those kinds of memories never fade!

Welcome, and keep us posted on your progress.

cotten
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Charter Member

I was NOT a beginner when I joined the AGF a year or so ago, but I quickly learned how much I didn't know. Pound for pound a great family of guitar aficionados. Welcome!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion