The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-04-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
My wife bought a mahogany topped GS Mini almost a year ago, liking it much better than the spruce topped versions. Then about four months ago she tagged along with me to the local guitar store and tried a CA Cargo (painted, not the raw version). She likes the wider neck [1-3/4" versus 1-11/16"] and the even shorter scale [22.75" vs 23"]. Plus she thinks it is even more comfortable to hold and play, given the body shape and contours.

The tone of the Cargo is much larger and fuller than the GS Mini, sounding closer to a full-sized guitar. We agree on that, both from the player's perspective and from out front. It would not surprise me to see her GS Mini up for sale sometime in the future, even though it is a fine instrument. She has barely played the Mini since the Cargo came home.
Plus one on this. I like the GS Mini -- a lot. And it's way cheaper. But my daughter has a Cargo and it sounds like a much larger, wooden guitar. It's a terrific instrument. Playability is excellent also. Mind you hers is a pre-Peavey -- and in fact may be a prototype.

If you're asking this question, you don't need to know the OTHER benefits of owning one of these. First time I saw one was at Merlefest and the sales rep was gripping the cargo by the soundhole and waving it around. As to climate issues, my daughter picked hers up in Iraq.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber