The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-19-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
You can read about it here if you are interested...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8134064B2/en

In the patent....

"After a conditioning of a standard guitar according to the process described above, the standard guitar volume is increased by about 3 db to about 6 db for each note plucked. A significant improvement results in the efficiency of the instrument to convert energy of the musician's movements into volume, dynamic range and tonal complexness (richness) projected from the instrument."
Which leads to the obvious follow up question: Does this improvement in volume last?

2014 Pono N30 DC EIR/Spruce crossover
2009 Pono koa parlor (NAMM prototype)
2018 Maton EBG808TEC
2014 Hatcher Greta 13 fret cutaway in EIR/cedar
2017 Hatcher Josie fan fret mahogany
1973 Sigma GCR7 (OM model) rosewood and spruce
2014 Rainsong OM1000N2
....and about 5 really nice tenor ukuleles at any given moment
Old 01-19-2017, 08:11 AM

Does anyone remember the gentleman on here a few years ago who claimed to have a process that made guitars better? He said it was completely non-invasive and even offered it free to anyone who was skeptical but wanted to try it. He had a couple of takers if I remember correctly.

They shipped him their guitars, and when they received them back, at least one of them swore that the guitar was indeed better.

Only later did it come out that his process was simply envisioning the guitar being bathed in certain colors of light. No, he didn't actually set up lamps to shine colored lights on the guitar, he simply envisioned it in his mind.

*EDIT* Here are the threads

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=189075

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...bathing+bathed

*Another EDIT* While searching for those old threads, I noticed he was back at it again just last month.

Last edited by RogerC; 01-19-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:57 AM

So. Snake oil WITH BLUE CRYSTALS?

Where do I sign up?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:43 PM

While I appreciate a good discussion and even enjoy the jabs , nobody has actually *TRIED* this, which was my original question. Still glad for everyones input.

Only thing that made me start the thread was a NGD post for a Circa dread that had the treatment done, and it was referenced in that thread with the website and an endorsement by some wood dealer i think.

I actually am in love with my Greenfield. It is the most articulate guitar I've ever heard. I have been on a tone-quest for years, but make sure my playing time outweighs such pursuits by at least 20 to 1.

I almost kept a Somogyi I had on trial for 2 weeks, but eventually sent it back because it was so three dimensional the bass lacked something I was after (especially if you are doing a lot of bass note in the melody type stuff) What I am still haunted by after returning that guitar was the amount of "bloom" that guitar had. Bloom was something I had always read about , but when you played that Somogyi it smacked you in the face - each note gained volume AFTER attack in a very audible way.

The Greenfield is still a much more versatile guitar than the Somogyi IMHO. I know horses for courses. That doesn't mean I still don't want to get the Somogyi back one day if possible.

Im doubting the AO1 process is going to fuse those two tone-types into one guitar!
Old 06-28-2019, 04:59 PM

what's the latest on this? it's been a few years...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion