The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 PM

thanks for all the wonderful advice guys.

On craigslist, to my luck, several harmonys and kays/stellas have popped up today. As you can tell, my cousin likes blues a lot, and is quite knowledgeable about the era, so I'm sure he'd appreciate one of these just as much as a resonator.

This one in particular is only $120 without any negotiating. No name on the headstock, but the guy says it's made in japan and that he took it into a shop and they think it's either stella or a kay. Says neck is straight, action good, no problems with it.

Here's some pictures

Any help identifying/opinions on the guitar? I'm also waiting on responses from 2 other people who are selling harmony sovereigns.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:48 AM

I like my Fender FR-48. I don't know what they sell for now, but I got mine a few years ago and it was reasonable. Good sound and not nearly what a Dobro or National would have set me back.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:03 PM

Default Got a guitar!

Well, I finally got a guitar for my cousin

I got a used Regal RC-2 for only $100. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to have it

One question though, are resonators supposed to sound banjo-like? Because this guitar in particular has a very muted banjo kind of tone. I'm not familiar with resonators so I'm just hoping that this is what they are supposed to sound like.

Again, thanks everyone for the help! I will post pictures of the guitar shortly...it's an all metal body and looks stunning

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments