The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-29-2016, 12:16 AM

Default Great Experience Tonight at Guitar Society

I run sound for a local guitar society that is like an open mic night. I usually am the one who gets to try and make everybody sound good with quite a variety of guitars and pickups that show up. With my Bose L1 model 2 and my Shure KSM44 large diaphram condenser mic I can get everyone sounding pretty decent one way or another. Sometimes I have had the biggest problem getting myself to sound good. The big, tall, hollow stage can be somewhat daunting at times. I am the type of player that if my guitar sounds bad, I play bad. If the guitar sounds good, I play good. Tonight, I rocked it. If you have seen a couple of my threads on Sound Board Transducers recently, you know that I chose to install a set of Dazzos in one of my guitars. It wanted to try something different but I was somewhat skeptical that it would be the "Bees Knees".

Tonight, I ran out of my guitar into the Bose T1 digital mixer set to the "Acoustic with Piezo" preset. I had the parametric EQ set at 400hz cut 5 db. That was it. Big full deep bass with crystal clear trebles that carried the melody line easily. I played one of my favorite Laurence Juber DADGAD fingerstyle songs that had a lot of body taps and string slaps. Again, as I played I reacted to that sound and played far more easily and cleanly because I knew it sounded good. That's a good feeling.

Now, I installed this set myself. Teddy (Dazzos Creator) thinks if he gives it a try, he may get this set placed even better or put in a new set with a different bass response and I should be able to get that sounding great without any EQ presets, etc. Chances are that soon he'll be passing through town and stopping buy to do it himself! Now that's service.

Anyway, had to share a good success story.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful
Old 03-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Teddy can get you dialed in where you won't need any EQ.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification