The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-13-2014, 01:33 PM

If you're considering an Epiphone Dot, you should look at the Ibanez Artcores too.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_h...=2014&cat_id=7
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 AM

I have an Epiphone ES-355. I love it. Great playing guitar.

I have not played a dot but if its like my epi, its great.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:34 PM

How different are the older Korean and the newer Epi Dot's?
I was thinking about getting a new Dot in cherry, partially because it's new, partially because they are much easier to find but also because at a local guitar shop you get a free blues distortion pedal with a new one, but I don't know how much different the older and newer ones are.
When I get one I will probably do a few mod's, I will put a bigsby on it, maybes change the pickups (possibly not) and maybes upgrade the tuners.

Alex Kirtley, UK
Old 04-19-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirtley2013 View Post
How different are the older Korean and the newer Epi Dot's?
I was thinking about getting a new Dot in cherry, partially because it's new, partially because they are much easier to find but also because at a local guitar shop you get a free blues distortion pedal with a new one, but I don't know how much different the older and newer ones are.
When I get one I will probably do a few mod's, I will put a bigsby on it, maybes change the pickups (possibly not) and maybes upgrade the tuners.
I think mine was a Korean one. Not sure on that. The new ones I played in the stores felt great. No issues, and still fun to play.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars