The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 AM

Default T5 Five-Way Switch Question

Hi All.
I own a sunburst standard T5 and like it very much. It is a very versatile instrument and it will be a keeper. I am having trouble with the 5way switch on the top.

When I put the switch into the 1st and second positions (closest to the neck) it will cut out completely until I jiggle it or move it gently from side to side.... At first I thought it was just a bit loose in it's housing so I tightened it a bit and for a very short while that seemed to take care of it.

Opening the back (the big black plastic pick looking cover) I realized that the access to the back of that switch is more difficult than I imagined. The space behind the guitars top and the back is very, very thin. I'm trying to find an authorized repair person around the age of 3 or 4 that might have tiny enough hands to get in there and see what the problem is....

Anyone here have that problem with their switch and if so, how did you correct it? My guitar was purchased second hand so no warranty applies here. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer....
Everyone have a great week.....
Chuck in Ohio
Old 01-14-2008, 09:57 AM

I have had no problems with mine, but as many here will attest to, Taylor is all about their customer service. I have read many threads of out of warranty situations that were handled well beyond expectaions by them. Give 'em a call.

Taylor Customer Service can be reached at (800) 943-6782 between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
Kids got the others

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=797065

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion