The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
This is wrong on so many levels, but if he gets that chica to land on his face then I guess it's okay
Old 02-02-2013, 01:34 PM

Wow. It's very dramatic...in a Vegas sort of way, isn't it? I know very little about flamenco other than I've seen two small groups come to central PA to perform for the Spanish language club at my college. But just that one musician was more percussive, more exciting, more involved with the dancers...Benise seems very decorative. He flings that hair back in such a manner. My son has hair that's the same length or longer, so I'm not against the hair. Benise seems like a shredder who figured that he could make more money this way.
You know how when the audience is involved, a music group feeds on that and just gets on fire? And so do the flamenco dancers? Even the two little performances that I saw had moments where a dancer would "dance" with the guitarist. I wonder if Benise and his skilled musicians and dancers ever catch on fire.

And a moment of snark--Do you think 2010 was subtitled "the white kerchief tour"

the neglected ones: GS Mini Spruce 2012 and Art & Lutherie Ami 1999

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical