The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-23-2014, 06:28 PM

Default Peavey XR600B powered off a 600w 12 volt pure sign inverter

I am basically back porch acoustic picker and am presently trying to get myself electrified. I need to put together a little sound system for a small benefit and plan on doing it with solar power. To make a long story short. I have a Peavey XR600B which states on the back is 800w. My inverter is a xantrex 600w hooked up to a controller, 75w panel and deep cell marine battery. I plan on using one 150w 8 0hm speaker. I tested it out today with a mike and plugged in an acoustic guitar and everything seemed groovy. Will I hurt or ruin my inverter? Appreciate any insights for this old man.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:52 PM

Check out this article it explains the balances and compromises. Basically you need to make sure you have enough juice for long enough.

http://www.streetmusician.co.uk/buskingpower/

Work out the power draw and do a few sums. I've run a Roland AC60 a few times this way and it can work just fine. Always err upwards on the power draw front and battery capacity though.

Kris
Old 04-25-2014, 06:57 AM

Thanks Kris. That was a real informative article and pretty much answers my question. I would be putting quite a bit of strain on that inverter to say the least. Great site that I plan on looking through in more detail. Bill

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification