The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-14-2002, 08:14 PM

ACK! PRS what over priced garbage, www.edromanguitars.com take a look around there , especailly at the Heritage guitars, they use old Gibson machines to make quality vintage instruments, for about half the price of a PRS or a Gibson.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Flowerday
If you currently have a Les Paul just put a Bigsby on it.

The Mcarty model PRS will have the closest Les Paul tone with a Trem as an option. PRS makes a Single Cut but the Trem isn't an option.
PRS doesn't off the trem option on the McCarty anymore. Actually, it wasn't ever -really- an official option. They just made some that way. If you find one, consider yourself lucky!

James
Old 08-14-2002, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CheesyMoo
ACK! PRS what over priced garbage, www.edromanguitars.com take a look around there , especailly at the Heritage guitars, they use old Gibson machines to make quality vintage instruments, for about half the price of a PRS or a Gibson.
ED ROMAN??? You're using him as your source of information??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

James
Old 08-16-2002, 12:22 PM

I have been playing a PRS Custom 24 for about 6 years -- I love it. I previously carted around two electrics, a Paul and a Strat. The cool thing about the PRS is that you can get both Strat and Paul sounds out of the single PRS. PLUS, the PRS is perfectly balanced and quite a bit lighter than the Paul. Additionally, the neck is perfect, even all the way up in the upper register.

One thing I would suggest looking into is something that while offered as an option, is easily overlooked. The PRS comes with a 5-way rotary pickup selector switch. I never really liked it much -- I usually play in one of the 'out-of-phase' positions and then when kicking in lead stuff like to swap out to eith the Neck or Bridge positon -- something that's simple on a Paul, just a flick of the switch. In any case, the PRS rotary switch is not as easy to use.

I just recently installed a 3-way toggle switch in place of the rotary, including a push-pull tone pot. Now it's a 6-way. I love it!

http://adageis.com/players/kf/prs-3way.jpg

The 3-way/push-pull thing is available as an option from PRS.

Regards,

keith little/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars