The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-14-2014, 08:44 AM

Wow! Simplicity at it's finest! That is a lot harder to do than some may think...very well done, sir!

I agree with Steve as well, the .5" difference in scale and the the placement of your perp fret is very pleasing and balanced to my eye. One of the most beautiful and simply understated guitars I've seen in a long time. Very big admirer of your work, Simon. Thanks for sharing.

Brad
Old 12-14-2014, 11:14 AM

I once played one of your 24" scale OM's and I did find it to be the most comfortable guitar I ever sat with (I'm 58). But I also found it displayed a loss of bass presence for my tastes. So I think you are on to a perfect solution with the fanned-fret, multi-scale idea. Especially since a large segment of the guitar playing population is growing older. I'd love to try one some day.

I also played one of your sinker Redwood topped guitars. That was truly a very nice sounding instrument. Maybe the best I've ever played in that price range ($6k at the time).

"Accept your lot, whatever it may be, in ultimate humbleness. Accept in humbleness what you are, not as grounds for regret but as a living challenge."
Old 12-31-2014, 07:15 PM

Beautiful, Simon...lovin' the guitar you built for me...hope to arrange some time to go to Larry's and look/play the two you made for him...love your guitars...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop