The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 12:09 AM

It was a warm day, the hotel AC was clearly not sufficient and I ended up taking pictures in a haste.

Here are a few more from my archives:

Old 12-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Ahh, so you're the culprit! Very nice, just what the Doctor ordered. Thanks Mau.

After closer inspection on the bevel, I think the reflection of the tablecloth fooled me into thinking that it was made of 2 different woods. I certainly enjoy seeing Kevin's guitars, and I am fortunate to have played a couple at Healdsburg 2013. Looking forward to Memphis!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootis View Post
The only thing I can object to is that there aren't any additional pictures to look at!

That's very nice. I like the fretboard, and it looks like maybe the binding/bevel are made up of 2 different woods? Definitely a sharp looking guitar, like all the others I've seen. I'm sure it will be well received on your website.
nootis - well, I agree. Mau takes great pics. Its a skill I need to develop because the pics I post don't really do the guitars justice.

The binding is Koa, and so I use Koa as the bevel too...I consider the bevel part of the binding. But lately, I've moved to ebony as the bindings and the bevels. It just sets off the woods so nicely. I guess that would be the contrast in the different woods.

thanks nootis - looking forward to seeing you in Memphis. I'll have a couple 'sharp' guitars there. Be sure to check them out!

Thanks.

Kevin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
It was a warm day, the hotel AC was clearly not sufficient and I ended up taking pictures in a haste.

Here are a few more from my archives:

Cool! I believe forum member mikealpine sent me that first one off the forum before I joined or started posting (I didn't post for the first few months/year). I didn't know who took the pics...thanks Mau! I hate when the air stops working...even worse when the heat stops working. Cold in Iowa!!

Thanks Mau.

Have a great day.

Kevin.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Charter Member

I never would have thought of doing a sunburst in those tints ... and that close to the edge ... but it looks absolutely stunning!
Old 12-10-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wren View Post
I never would have thought of doing a sunburst in those tints ... and that close to the edge ... but it looks absolutely stunning!
Thanks David. I don't mind taking some chances on certain things. It can bring a unique idea to the marketplace, maybe.

Kevin.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:09 PM

This guitar has a 1/4" multiscale spread from treble to bass. I wanted little player adjustment with the added benefit of being able to have a little extra tension on the bass side when tuning down. The nut is ever so slightly tilted and then you can see the bridge is swept back a little. So the overall adjustment is lessened.

Still getting this information compiled for my website updates and I thought I'd share this pic.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:36 AM

hand made...

Old 03-03-2015, 05:30 PM

Thought I'd share this cool leopard I've done recently. Might do a jungle scene on the fingerboard/headstock with Leopards and foliage etc. I've been getting some good realism with my Leopard inlays lately. Hope you enjoy it. (the back of the neck detail also has a "Leopard" theme). Its going to be very cool - going to Hong Kong!

Any thoughts/questions/feeback please let me know.

Kevin.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:48 PM

I'll give feedback....Incredibly awesome......love the way the signature is hidden in there as well

Last edited by TomB'sox; 03-03-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Wow, Kevin, great work!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:20 PM

Your guitars are RIDICULOUS....I want one

Your innovations are insanely beautiful. And the leopard is no exception. Outstanding.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I'll give feedback....Incredibly awesome......love the way the signature is hidden in there as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringMeUp View Post
Wow, Kevin, great work!!!
Thanks you guys! This guitar is going to Hong Kong, and we're talking another one already...with a full board/guitar inlay. Might show some of it here.

I really want to add my logo in there and I'm finding its adding some "depth" to the inlay.

Kevin.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Your guitars are RIDICULOUS....I want one

Your innovations are insanely beautiful. And the leopard is no exception. Outstanding.
Marcus Wong - Thank you!! I appreciate your nice comments. I'd love to see what we can do to get one in your hands.

I should have some back of the neck detail pics tomorrow. It goes along with the Leopard theme inlay on the headstock; only different material.

Stay tuned!!

Kevin.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLPederson View Post
Marcus Wong - Thank you!! I appreciate your nice comments. I'd love to see what we can do to get one in your hands.

I should have some back of the neck detail pics tomorrow. It goes along with the Leopard theme inlay on the headstock; only different material.

Stay tuned!!

Kevin.
Kevin, I am looking forward to the updates! And I would love that too, we shall keep in touch
Old 03-08-2015, 08:50 PM

neck detail with the leopard theme.

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop