The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-06-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
I am aware of the option of acrylic nails and I'm also aware of the many problems people experience with infections and other complications using them. From what I've read and heard you have to find a very good nail salon or you're likely screwed.
Dave
I've been using acrylics for over 20 yrs. I did them myself for ages but now I get them did. Never had an infection or any problem except once with closing one in a car door and another with a stubborn disc brake rotor bolt and all my weight on the tool till I slipped...acrylics don't bend - they tear with your real nail from your finger tip and it really hurts!
Old 10-07-2016, 05:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
.... and another with a stubborn disc brake rotor bolt and all my weight on the tool till I slipped...
Ouch...
It reminds me of a similar incident that happened to me while swapping out summer wheels for winter ones on my car. When I slipped my left index finger sliced itself on the edge of the rotor. Since that was my fretting hand it took a while to get back into playing shape. I still have a small scar to remind me. What saved me from much greater damage was the callused skin on the finger tip. All those years of playing finally payed off.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical