The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-23-2015, 11:21 AM

Default Alvarez ARD70 (12 fret dread)

Saw this online, and am minded to track one down to try.

http://alvarezguitars.com/guitar/ard70/

I looked for info and reviews, but there's not a whole lot out there. There have been a few posts I found at this forum, some of which sounded a bit disappointed.

Does anyone have one of these, or has anyone played one extensively - if so, what's the skinny regarding this model?

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-23-2015, 01:12 PM

hey 240

I bought one about a year ago from another forum member to use as my go anywhere, take with me guitar. I will admit he had spent the necessary time getting it set up correctly, frets dressed, nut worked. I was and still am very impressed with it.

I leave it out all the time to grab when I have a few minutes to play or don't want to get my Greven out. It has a great sound all across the strings and is equally adapt at strumming or fingerpicking. Plus it looks great and I really like the 12 fret neck.

All in all, it was a great purchase and I really think it is worth more than I paid for it. Keeping in mind they are a laminate, but solid top, mass produced guitar and mine has had (as I said) some previous work done to it.

Hope this helps

"Reputation is made in a moment:Character is built in a lifetime."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion