The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-23-2023, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
Where I totally agree with a ten thousand-foot view, the caveat for me, in this scenario, is the only really good room I have to work with is at the Studio. That's typically, and unfortunately, an hour-and-a-half trek from home and an hour-and-a-half back. I'm room relegated to what I have in our little bungalow. The R12 or the H4N allow me to seek out either the very best sonic spot in the house or, on weekends, the quietest spot in the house, get things captured as best as possible, and import to Studio One.

I do agree, however, that a very simple 4-track template in Studio One (provided you don't have room challenges) with perhaps a single reverb aux track seems dramatically easier than deep-diving menus on the H4N. I dunno how it could be more rudimentary, but I'll always leave room for those who just don't wanna invest in using a DAW.
No hey I get the appeal of an all in one (especially mobile box) and obviously there is no one correct solution for everyone .
I was just pointing out that ( acknowledging an initial learning cure of downloading software and drivers and setting up interface inputs and outputs ). that once to that point ,,, it is hard to imagine being much simpler then
#1 Start computer
# 2 Open DAW
# 3 Select template
# 4 Hit Record

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 09-23-2023, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
No hey I get the appeal of an all in one (especially mobile box) and obviously there is no one correct solution for everyone .
I was just pointing out that ( acknowledging an initial learning cure of downloading software and drivers and setting up interface inputs and outputs ). that once to that point ,,, it is hard to imagine being much simpler then
#1 Start computer
# 2 Open DAW
# 3 Select template
# 4 Hit Record
Agree. I need to learn steps 2 and 3.
Old 09-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnitus View Post
Agree. I need to learn steps 2 and 3.
Well first it would help if you could describe exactly what you done in Studio One so far or where you at in terms of getting started

Because if you have S1 on your computer and been able to set up your interface then
#2 is just a matter of double clicking the S1 icon in either Applications or if you have dragged the S1 app icon to your Dock just double clicking it there

And #3 is a matter of first setting up a template specifically for your use.. then launching S1 and selecting it in New Song > User

If you describe exactly what you have been able to do in S1 I can do a short tutorial video targeted to you to post here
Also if you would post your computer OS version and Studio one version

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 09-23-2023 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Well first it would help if you could describe exactly what you done in Studio One so far or where you at in terms of getting started

Because if you have S1 on your computer and been able to set up your interface then
#2 is just a matter of double clicking the S1 icon in either Applications or if you have dragged the S1 app icon to your Dock just double clicking it there

And #3 is a matter of first setting up a template specifically for your use.. then launching S1 and selecting it in New Song > User

If you describe exactly what you have been able to do in S1 I can do a short tutorial video targeted to you to post here
Could we not just create for him a simple 4 Track Studio One template? Of course, there has to be an adjustment of the interface parameters and an agreement as to what sample rate ect is needed. But that's doable ifn it'll help. Tinnitus?
Old 09-23-2023, 10:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Quote:
Could we not just create for him a simple 4 Track Studio One template? Of course, there has to be an adjustment of the interface parameters and an agreement as to what sample rate ect is needed. But that's doable ifn it'll help. Tinnitus?
Wow! That's an awesome offer. I'd like to take you good folks up on that. I'll need a bit of time to sort out where I am thus far. It's been over a year since I last looked, and I have a cross-country road trip coming up.

Seriously, thanks! More as soon as I can!
Old 09-24-2023, 07:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes certainly doable and you working in the industry are no doubt much more familiar with logical usable generic labels than I am, as I have always done all the labeling specific to me and my situation only.
But if you want to do a template, I will do a quick real time video of launching S1 and selecting a template,, and then also a quick setting up a template and post it here

Quote:
Wow! That's an awesome offer. I'd like to take you good folks up on that. I'll need a bit of time to sort out where I am thus far. It's been over a year since I last looked, and I have a cross-country road trip coming up.

To clarify what I meant by #2 "open DAW" was simply launch DAW from computer desk top

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 09-24-2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Yea, not a problem. It won't take long. Just let me know when your schedule permits. I can e-mail you the template. From there, a simple 10-minute phone call would shore everything up, and Kev will provide a video from there. If it's acceptable, I'll start with 44.1/24-bit. That seems to be the all-around most logical. To reiterate, once properly constructed, a template is a set-and-forget Studio One session. It will always bring up the same Studio One parameters and Track and Mix Window environments based on the user's wants/needs. It can always be shaped and modified in the future if needed, but as is, it's foundational per your needs.
Old 10-01-2023, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

tinnitus ::
The user template video I promised is in this new thread --

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=675823

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD