The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-07-2024, 05:19 AM

Default Dpa 4061 & Headway Edb2 HE 11v power

Hello folks,

I just ordered a used DPA 4061 mic for use as an internal acoustic guitar mic. I plan to use this alongside a jjb sbt pickup.

I am also about to pull the trigger on a headway Edb2 HE with the hope of powering the DPA from the headway.

I have read lots of threads here regarding the DPA 4061 and other similar mics and their stated max 9 volt bias requirement. The headway Edb2 HE provides 11v via the ch1 jack input socket.

For any DPA 4061 users out there with preamps that provide over 9v, have you successfully run the mic exceeding the 9v max bias supply? Alternatively have you used a resistor to drop the voltage or any other workaround?

I will be wiring this up myself internally in the guitar and making any necessary cables.

Many thanks in advance
Old 04-08-2024, 10:13 AM

A bit more searching and I found a schematic for a 9volt battery power supply to feed a Dpa4061.

In that schematic there is a 10k series resistor following the 9 volt battery.

Using an online calculator and the current consumption spec of the DPA 4061 (1.5ma) i get the result that a 2k series resistor would drop my 11 volts to 8 volts. There must be something very wrong with my calculation given that a 10k resistor is used on the DPA schematic for a 9 volt battery.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:32 PM

I used a DTAR Solstice that puts out over 9v, worked no problem with the DPA.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification