The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-12-2024, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

Have had bad luck using the Wi-Fi provided by the combination modem/routers from Comcast. The fix has always been to use my own modem and WiFi router, for the fastest and most reliable internet for all my devices. Years ago, when I first had a problem using the comcast supplied equipment, I went to the Comcast store and the person who helped me said that they really didn’t work well for people running multiple devices, like TVs, surfing, etc., and she advised me just to use the regular Comcast modem and get my own router for Wi-Fi which I did. As far as I know that’s not possible anymore, so at home now I have a modem I got it Best Buy, plus a Wi-Fi router from Costco, and my service is super fast, with no problems whatsoever.
Another consideration is that Comcast’s combo modem/wifi router piggybacks another wireless signal, that other Comcast customers can connect with. As it comes activated automatically, it’s necessary to go into the controls, and turn it off.
By having my own equipment I also don’t need to pay the monthly fee for the Comcast combo unit.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic