The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-13-2024, 11:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBman View Post
I'm a very patient and understanding guy...as long as people do exactly what they say and communicate clearly if and why they can't. If I'm spoon fed BS...I turn into one annoying SOB. At 2 years with no repair work done, I would become someone that shop would never want to see or hear of again.
I felt that I gave him more than ample time and then one day I just said eff it and went and got my guitar, and of course I will never go back there and I do spread the word. I'm pretty reasonable, but only to a point and then you really do not want me around. Probably the reason I was so patient was that I had several other guitars and even bought one from Sweetwater sight unseen during the height of the pandemic just to have a brand new with warranty guitar to play, so I wasn't jonesing for it all the time.

And this is the very same shop that heavily resisted giving me replacement electric guitar strings when the low E from two sets broke even before coming up to pitch. Clearly they were defective strings but I was, after decades of stringing up guitars and never having broken a string at that stage, accused of not knowing what I was doing. Naturally I reminded the owner that he sold me those two sets at list price and even if he replaced the strings out of his own pocket, he would not be losing any money. He did not like that argument one bit, but who cares.
'02 Goodall GC
'20 Gibson Southern Jumbo
Deering Maple Blossom
'62 Danectro Longhorn Bass
UAD Apollo x8p, Apollo Twin
Genelec 8351B's Studio Monitors
Genelec 7370A Sub
Lauten Audio LT-386

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair