The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-01-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby biscuit View Post
Wow, that just did what the Session DI claims for $150 less. The examples were more convincing than the Baggs to me as well. Oh man that seems AWESOME!
Session has more.phase.phantom power.notch filter.low cut.gain.saturation.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:52 AM

The BodyRez sounds awesome in some videos and thin in others. I want to try one but I hope it doesn't do the same thing that the Aura does where the warmth is cut from the original pickup tone and is replaced with a more hi-fi but thin tone.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:19 PM

From watching a review on this from summer namm apparently you turn the dial one way to fatten up the sound and dial it back the other to thin it out. That may explain

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Old 08-01-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterh View Post
The ES2 IS a UST.
The ES2 is three transducers that sit behind the saddle. A UST is one piezo element that sits under the saddle. Different designs.
You're right, my bad - but the transducer technology is still more or less the same. What makes it different is that they don't need to be under pressure like a conventional UST.

I would love to hear how this unit sounds with the original ES (whichever version). Just about ready to rip out the one in my guitar...
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 08-01-2015, 09:41 PM

How would body Rez work with a lyric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
How would body Rez work with a lyric?

Hard to say since it is so new. I personally cannot see it doing much to a microphone style pickup but it's so affordable that it's worth getting just to experiment.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Hard to say since it is so new. I personally cannot see it doing much to a microphone style pickup but it's so affordable that it's worth getting just to experiment.

I'm hoping someone might have used the Body Rez on the Voice live 3 or Acoustic play?

Agree it may not do much but I wonder if it will live the good and fix some issues as it seems the lyric requires some good EQ work. At least for me.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:04 PM

Default TC Electronic BodyRez

Quote:

I'm hoping someone has used a lyric and Body Rez with the voice live 3 or the acoustic play.

I'm also thinking it may not do much or may take away from the mic sound of the Lyric. The lyric for me needs some EQ work and maybe the body Rez happens to handles this in its algorithm. I'm hoping anyway.

Last edited by Mischief; 08-02-2015 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Fix typo
Old 08-03-2015, 04:30 AM

Would this work with a K&K
Style pickup?
Old 08-05-2015, 06:07 PM

Default TC Electronic BodyRez

I have a question for anyone that has used the BodyRez. Does it really color the signal? I'm curious if you say; used a Lyric, other mic pickup or actual mic and then A/B the BodyRez does it still sound like your guitar only EQ/enhanced, or does it then sound like a totally different guitar?

I have looked at videos with it off and on but that is going through a the Play or Vl unit and I have no idea if the sound without BodyRez is a good representation of the guitar to begin with.

Last edited by Mischief; 08-05-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Fix typo
Old 08-08-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg48 View Post
Would this work with a K&K
Style pickup?
I have a Helicon Acopustic Play that I just tried out at rehearsal last week. I played my Gibson J-150 through it, that has a K&K installed. I thought it sounded great but it took just a bit of tweaking with the parameters. Of course this is only at rehearsal, and have not done live yet, but to me it sounded even much better than my Fishman Platinum EQ. Of course with the Play Acoustic, there are 5 Body Rez models to choose from, each of course slightly different.

I liked it so much I went out and got the Voicelive 3 so I can play both acoustic and electric in the trio I'm playing in.

If you sing and play, they're both excellent tools to consider.
Anderson Crowdster Plus
Anderson Crowdster 2+
Takamine EF-360S
Old 02-21-2017, 08:57 AM

Smile Bodyrez v Pull shape

I haven't tried a Bodyrez yet although I'm interested to try one! Here's something though - on the promo video where the guy with the Taylor gives a 'before and after' sound, it sounds the same (for me) as using the 'Pull Shape' knob on my Trace TA100R!

Would be interesting if someone who has a Trace TA100R (or a TA50R) could do an 'A/B' between Bodyrez (with Pull Shape bypassed) and Pull Shape (with Bodyrez bypassed).

I think that TC might have been inspired by the 'old school' Trace Pull shape feature.......
Old 02-22-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I'm hoping someone has used a lyric and Body Rez with the voice live 3 or the acoustic play.

I'm also thinking it may not do much or may take away from the mic sound of the Lyric. The lyric for me needs some EQ work and maybe the body Rez happens to handles this in its algorithm. I'm hoping anyway.

This is an old thread but I can add something to it in case some of these questions are unanswered.

I have a Lyric in a Larrivee OM all hog guitar. I tried a Session and Para DI to EQ the lyric and try and handle the feedback but it was nearly impossible. The sound was also very "hollow" with way too much mids that I can never carve out.

As a last ditch option, I picked up a TC Helicon Acoustic Live and tried it out. There are a lot of EQ options in the unit but what made the guitar playable was the BodyRez function; it seemed to immediately get rid of feedback and add a bit of "air" the sound. People seem to like the sound, as do I.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I have a question for anyone that has used the BodyRez. Does it really color the signal? I'm curious if you say; used a Lyric, other mic pickup or actual mic and then A/B the BodyRez does it still sound like your guitar only EQ/enhanced, or does it then sound like a totally different guitar?

I have looked at videos with it off and on but that is going through a the Play or Vl unit and I have no idea if the sound without BodyRez is a good representation of the guitar to begin with.

I demo'd it on 4 guitars yesterday and through a Fishman Loudbox and then through a 300 watt PA. The guitars we tried were;

a. the Little Martin
b. Ovation CC24
c. Gibson J35
d. Gibson something else...cutaway..newer model.

We had 5 of us in the room sampling. All experienced players. We swapped instruments, swapped amps, all through the Body Rez.

Results

In every case the Body Rez improved the sound remarkably. It made the Little Martin boom, the Gibson UST was a horrid little quack which opened into a full sound with the body rez engaged. The Ovation was extraordinary, it just filled the frequencies. The other Gibson cutaway sounded amazing as well.

It got so really, without it, the sounds were unlistenable. Like when ya have tasted good beer, cheap beer aint so great. You cannot go back.

This was just body rez right into the PA or Fishman with no effects. So this thing, well, I am getting one tomorrow. It literally changes your life. All that money you spend on that amazing Gibson .... it brings it back to life. Cannot say enough about it.

I use a processor, I will put that after the body rez. I might have to dump the processor and get a reverb and chorus, to preserver the body rez tone!

One dang purchase leads to another. But yeh, all of us concluded it was a must have for USTs.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
I demo'd it on 4 guitars yesterday and through a Fishman Loudbox and then through a 300 watt PA. ...snip...
In every case the Body Rez improved the sound remarkably. ...snip...
So this thing, well, I am getting one tomorrow. It literally changes your life. All that money you spend on that amazing Gibson .... it brings it back to life. Cannot say enough about it.
...snip...
Huge +1...I totally agree with everything said here.
The Body Rez is like a little magic box.

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification