The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-27-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
Ok..... WOW. 100% happy with the element now! This should just be a standard feature in this guitar. It takes absolutely nothing away but adds a whole other dimension. As others have said, you can't expect to get a big bodied acoustic sound from this guitar because it's not one. However, The element is pretty bassy so it added a ton of thump to the acoustic sound. Overall, it's not perfect, but it's a significant acoustic sound upgrade for this guitar. I played a gig Friday night and ran the element direct to PA and the T5 bridge pup to my tube amp with overdrive. I sounded like 2 dudes at once! [emoji3] So now I'm really curious to hear this A/B with a crowdster. What pup do they use in the crowdster anyway? I have no doubts that they are magical as people say but what makes them so special? Im talking from technical sound standpoint. Not playability. I'm just curious about the type of unicorns they have under the hood. I really think Taylor's could compete with them much harder if they would just make the baggs standard issue in the T5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the update. Its good to learn that the Element system's nature compliments your guitar well.

While its possible to adjust the Wavelength system for more bass, it certainly seems more sensible to try the Element (which is designed for a 9v power supply) than to experiment and see what the Wavelength will do with a 9v supply. (That's especially true since the Wavelength system's big advantage, according to its designers, is the higher headroom provided with the 18v supply.)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification