The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-25-2017, 01:20 PM

Default Reverb and chorus for PA?

Hi All. I am looking at options to get reverb and chorus in to my acoustic signal to a PA, or any other plain signal audio system/interface, that isn't an "amp modeler". I have a Line 6 POD for my electric guitar, and a Marshall VS265 amp, so I have a lot of flexibility with amp tone/modeling already. All I am after is the affects without changing up the tone.

What are some options that you are using?

I have a MIDI floor board controller for the POD that may be able to be used with another device also. However, I see there are a lot of multi-affects floor boards out there. I've looked at the Line 6 M5 and M9, as well as some TC Electronic models. It looks like the M5 will only do a single affect so either reverb or chorus (or any other affect, but I don't think many others are suitable for acoustic - delay and maybe subtle flanger possibly). The M9 can do up to 3 simultaneous affects with a playback loop function that runs up to 28 seconds of recording. TC's are more expensive and a lot of them have tonal affects also - which I don't want.

It looks like for the price of individual affect pedals the better buy would be a multi-board. I could use more of the affects with my electric maybe.

Ideas? Thoughts?

I realize in recording I can use a bare track then add in what ever I want to it, but the application here is live playing and not recording, or recording what is "live".
Old 03-25-2017, 01:26 PM

Is it the HD 500 you have ? If so, you could use that for your acoustic too.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:40 PM

Not sure what you mean? The POD is the kidney bean shape, 2.0 version I think. The floor board is simply buttons - it is a MIDI controller only, no affects or anything - just a foot switch to control a MIDI-controllable device (I had it set up with the POD at one point to switch presets).
Old 03-25-2017, 02:25 PM

I was thinking POD HD 500.

Would recommend this for you ~

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VLPlayAc
Old 03-25-2017, 11:53 PM

It looks like the TC Helicon Play Acoustic improves the resonance/tone through amplification with the Bodyrez function. I guess I wasn't even thinking that would be a consideration. I suppose that is why most people say to use a microphone in front of the guitar instead of a pickup?
Old 03-26-2017, 09:47 PM

Does anyone have any experience with both the Play Acoustic and the TC Electronic G Natural?

It looks like the G Natural is discontinued, but it looks like it is a more capable unit? Is there anything wrong with it that was overcome with the Play Acoustic coming on the scene?
Old 03-26-2017, 10:30 PM

Default Reverb and chorus for PA?

TC Play Acoustic is a great option. Beautiful reverbs, several chorus and delay options. Body Rez is great, but you can turn it off. However, I suspect you won't, once you try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification