The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-04-2017, 12:58 PM

Default K&K and Compact AER

Today I was messing around with stuff and I connect my K&K equipped all hog 12 fret directly into the mic channel of my AER 2 with the mic signal switch on. Probably never did that before. It sounded very clear, detailed but a bit harsh on highs and I had to push the low frequency almost to the max. However, it sounded better than any other combination, including via a Preamp. Still not a fantastic sound, but usable in some situations.

How do you plug your K&K to AER? what channel-switch-eq setting you use, if there is no external preamp in between?
Old 03-05-2017, 06:30 PM

I have about the same . KK into AER/60. I get better results using the standard instrument input. I tried the mic input but tone sounded "synthesized" (for lack of a better term) How does your tone sound using the standard instrument input vs. the mic input? I am "coloring" with a Strymon reverb box but like you, I simply want the best sound possible with such gear. I am not a pro so I hope I am not making some obvious mistake!
Old 03-06-2017, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittoon View Post
I have about the same . KK into AER/60. I get better results using the standard instrument input. I tried the mic input but tone sounded "synthesized" (for lack of a better term) How does your tone sound using the standard instrument input vs. the mic input? I am "coloring" with a Strymon reverb box but like you, I simply want the best sound possible with such gear. I am not a pro so I hope I am not making some obvious mistake!
Best results so far are K&K into a Sonic Stomp pedal into the line AER channel. However, still a sound I would not use for recording. The most time consuming thing is, imho, "matching" impedences..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification