The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-27-2017, 07:58 PM

Love the new rating, Jerry, and I couldn't agree more.

Earlier this week we sold an APSE and I was the only one available to test the guitar before shipping, and I have to say, the guitar was amazing!! Enjoy, and I will be more than happy to talk Blackbird with you once you are able to pull yourself away from your APLE.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Great story... congratulations on the new guitar! Glad you are enjoying it.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:24 PM

Thanks Jerry.
Based on your enthusiasm I also searched out a great deal on a new APLE, and I share your thoughts on it. I have a couple of SCGC 000's that are my main players, but this APLE is really enticing. I find myself grabbing for it a lot.

I will say that the incoming setup on mine wasn't all that great and I had to sand the saddle, tweak the truss rod and actually had to file the nut slots where several strings were sitting too high. A little surprised at that, but it now plays great and certainly sounds great as well.

Overall, a nice surprise to come across this one.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:20 PM

i get it Mike mine came in and I played it stock for about a week or two I think and it wasn't bad but I like a low action and no buzzy.....To be honest it took me about a week off and on, play it , twerk it , play it , so on and very small increments of change. Now it's a sweet player, in another post i described my experience and conclusions.
Gotta say though in my opinion the guitar is a keeper and I am very pleased with it. That's saying a lot because I change them like socks if they don't play or sound right to me. No reservation whatsoever about getting rid of one that doesn't please me.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
i get it Mike mine came in and I played it stock for about a week or two I think and it wasn't bad but I like a low action and no buzzy.....To be honest it took me about a week off and on, play it , twerk it , play it , so on and very small increments of change. Now it's a sweet player, in another post i described my experience and conclusions.
Gotta say though in my opinion the guitar is a keeper and I am very pleased with it. That's saying a lot because I change them like socks if they don't play or sound right to me. No reservation whatsoever about getting rid of one that doesn't please me.
You actually twerked it?!
Old 02-18-2017, 12:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
You actually twerked it?!
Ohhhh... just try to get that image out of your head!!

Old 02-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Well I'm Twerked so why not..... tweeted too...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber