The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Default My guitar

This is one really Sweet guitar. While I'm mostly a chord player to back up my singing, I also do a little finger picking and this guitar has the sweetest sound when gently plucked...perfect for love songs or sad protest tunes. But don't misunderstand, it cranks out the sound on bluegrass tunes too.
I'm lovin it. Jim
Old 09-17-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Jimmy View Post
This is one really Sweet guitar. While I'm mostly a chord player to back up my singing, I also do a little finger picking and this guitar has the sweetest sound when gently plucked...perfect for love songs or sad protest tunes. But don't misunderstand, it cranks out the sound on bluegrass tunes too.
I'm lovin it. Jim
That's a great guitar to be able to do such opposite sides of the playing spectrum like that, congrats...you couldn't find a nicer guy to build it for you either!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

Awe, shucks, you guys! Thanks for the kudos! But I am inclined to give most of the credit to that exceptionally nice Adirondack soundboard, and also to Jim's skill and talent as a player!
It is really gratifying to know that this guitar is doing a good job for you, Jim!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Charter Member

Default My guitar

So I played my new Edwinson out in public for the first time last night at my favorite open mike venue and I must say I did an outstanding job singing the songs.....but afterward, all the performers wanted to see and touch my Edwinson and gave not a hoot for my singing performance. All the comments were appreciative of the guitars looks and sound and some gave it a 10 on the scale of 1-10.
I'm happy about that, but I guess I'll need to work more on my singing to compete with old #96.
Jim
Old 10-06-2015, 08:37 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey Jim, thanks a million for the update. I'm sure you sing better than Elvis. Those people were all suffering from GAS, and weren't paying attention to your vocal phrasing! Guitar nuts are like that, you know- all tunnel-vision.
If you have a buddy who could shoot some video of your next gig, it would be tremendous if you would post it on YouTube. If you do, please let us know, so we can "like" you!
Cheers! Applause!
Steve
Old 10-07-2015, 07:08 AM

The heck with the singing, it's all about the GUITAR baby!!!!!!!! And an Edwinson at that!!!!! Had to make you feel good to have all that guitar envy around you, maybe not as great as groupies, but a close second maybe? Surprised there were no 12 out of 10 ratings!!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:02 PM
AGF Sponsor

Steve...is there any chance that your Ebony Falcon is still in the shop? I sure hope so, because I've wanted to play that thing ever since Seeing it come to life here on the forum.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:20 PM
AGF Sponsor

Yes, I still have the Ebony Falcon- the "Midnight Falcon", I call it. I haven't made any effort to sell it yet. I think I hurried a bit getting it ready for the Memphis show, it wasn't fully dialed in yet, so I went back in and did some more work on it. I still haven't put on the second set of strings yet; but I'll try to have this Falcon up and running when you get here.
I think you'll be fairly shocked at how much high-quality sound this little guitar puts out. Definitely punches above its weight!
Here's a couple photos to show you guys what we're talking about:

Old 10-07-2015, 08:58 PM

You're killin' me. Wow.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:19 AM
AGF Sponsor

That's the one!!!
I've really, really, really wanted to play that one. Doesn't she have the "tunnel13" Redwood top?
Old 10-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Another stunning guitar!!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 10-08-2015, 08:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Knot View Post
That's the one!!!
I've really, really, really wanted to play that one. Doesn't she have the "tunnel13" Redwood top?
Yes- Tunnel 13, which I acquired at Healdsburg '13. AMAZING stuff. I got this guitar back into playing trim now, Joel. Made a new nut and cleaned up some details... I'm really eager to see how you react to it when you get here.
Travel safe- and hopefully we'll fill the boat with crappie on Saturday!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:09 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Yes- Tunnel 13, which I acquired at Healdsburg '13. AMAZING stuff. I got this guitar back into playing trim now, Joel. Made a new nut and cleaned up some details... I'm really eager to see how you react to it when you get here.
Travel safe- and hopefully we'll fill the boat with crappie on Saturday!
I've been having some trouble with my right shoulder lately, which has put a damper on my ability to play my Grand Auditorium for more than 10-15 minutes at a time...I'm eager to see if I can play longer and more comfortably on this little baby.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Yes, I still have the Ebony Falcon- the "Midnight Falcon", I call it. I haven't made any effort to sell it yet. I think I hurried a bit getting it ready for the Memphis show, it wasn't fully dialed in yet, so I went back in and did some more work on it. I still haven't put on the second set of strings yet; but I'll try to have this Falcon up and running when you get here.
I think you'll be fairly shocked at how much high-quality sound this little guitar puts out. Definitely punches above its weight!
Here's a couple photos to show you guys what we're talking about:

Steve,
The Midnight Falcon was everything that I imagined her to be...and soooooooo much more! I'm still baffled by the fact that this "LITTLE" guitar can produce such a "BIG" voice...though it's not simply a big voice, but a full, rich resonant voice with seemingly endless layers of overtones. Thank you for the opportunity to play her for a few days...I've played more in the last five days than I've played in the past five months. Though my right shoulder and neck are paying the price now, I couldn't have played this much at all with my 000. I believe that there's a Falcon with an exaggerated arm bevel in my future. This is truly an unbelievable guitar, my friend. You should feel very proud.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:56 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Knot View Post
Steve,
The Midnight Falcon was everything that I imagined her to be...and soooooooo much more! I'm still baffled by the fact that this "LITTLE" guitar can produce such a "BIG" voice...though it's not simply a big voice, but a full, rich resonant voice with seemingly endless layers of overtones. Thank you for the opportunity to play her for a few days...I've played more in the last five days than I've played in the past five months. Though my right shoulder and neck are paying the price now, I couldn't have played this much at all with my 000. I believe that there's a Falcon with an exaggerated arm bevel in my future. This is truly an unbelievable guitar, my friend. You should feel very proud.
Thanks for your kind words, Joel. As I mentioned, my appreciation for the Midnight Falcon has increased a great deal since having the chance to hear you and Cliff play it! That guitar does everything I want it to, with power and style. Thanks to you and Cliff for putting your good energy into it. I think it really responded to some quality playing time; sound even more alive now.
I am getting closer to posting some recordings. I have this AMAZING device that Ken Hobbs gave me awhile back- a Zoom H4n stereo field recorder; and I'm studying some YouTube tutorials on how to use it. Made some test recordings last night, and that device really delivers the goods. I still have a lot to learn, but it's fun now, so I'm going to stick with it until I get some good recordings in the pocket.
Stay tuned, everyone, and hopefully I'll have some sound clips up soon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop