The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-09-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Thanks John Pearse!

I received my John Pearse bell brass King Pins in the mail today and am as happy as can be! They look incredible and absolutely do help out with the sustain. My F chord (among others) chimes out loooonger & sweeter than ever! The combination of these pins and the JP bronze uncoated strings creates an absolutely beautiful sound on my guitar (don't want to leave out the Colosi FWI saddle - thanks again Bob).

The 110 has never sounded so good (although I have been known to rant & rave about it in the past).

YaHooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:44 AM

Congrats glad to hear that it sounds good for you So do you have any pics of what they look like ?

Old 02-10-2005, 09:06 PM

Hey Sr,

I'll try to get some pics up shortly. Will borrow a digital camera and post them. I'm not sure how to do this though. Will figure something out I'm sure.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:46 PM

When you get the pics just send me an email and I'll post them for ya

Old 02-11-2005, 02:19 AM

Sounds good Steve. What do you think of the Fishman pickup in your 110. I'm planning on buying a pickup one of these days.

Have you swapped out your tusk saddle for a bone or FWI etc..? The grain on the top of your 110 looks nice. Will try to get some picks fairly soon.

Cheers
Old 02-11-2005, 12:07 PM

So far no compalints on the pickup in my 110 as a matter of fact this past sunday I did a special at my church and used the 110 through my Kustom 30 amp,and everything sounded good. If your going to put a pickup in yours look into the Bband and the K&K pickups from the sound clips I have heard those seem to be the best for undersadle pickups. Had I not bought the one already installed that's the route I would have gone.

I have'nt done to much as far as puting in any bone or FWI saddles yet right now the money fund is a bit tight. The only thing I have changed and keep changing right now is the strings on it.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian
I received my John Pearse bell brass King Pins in the mail today and am as happy as can be! They look incredible and absolutely do help out with the sustain. My F chord (among others) chimes out loooonger & sweeter than ever! The combination of these pins and the JP bronze uncoated strings creates an absolutely beautiful sound on my guitar (don't want to leave out the Colosi FWI saddle - thanks again Bob).

The 110 has never sounded so good (although I have been known to rant & rave about it in the past).

YaHooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Did they "brighten up" the sound? I'm looking for a way to do that for my K22...
Old 02-12-2005, 03:40 AM

Hey Taylorplayer,

My very first impression regarding the sound after installing the bell brass pins was that I was playing a 12 string guitar with slightly less volume (may be bit much but hey that's how it hit me right off the bat). They seem to have affected the tone in a way which is hard to describe in all honesty. There has been a noticeable increase in sustain and overtones as far as I am concerned, however, I'll have a better idea after the new strings have been on for a while. I may just swap out the pins for the ebony set I have just to A/B them again. Much of what I'm hearing may be attributable to the fresh set of uncoated light JP's which I have never used before and which I put on the 110 a few days prior to the pin change. Considering The impression I had right after installing the pins, I would say that some of what I heard is due to more than just the strings though. I'm not sure if I would describe the new sound as "brighter", rather, it is sweeter and longer lasting with more little rocks rolling around inside(if you know what I mean). The bass is incredible with this combination. Every time I play a G or E chord I am impressed to say the least!

Anyway, the King Pinz are not too expensive to try out and if nothing else, they look fantastic on the bridge. I have sent SR some pics which I took this evening and he has offered to help me post them so you can all take a look.

I think they are great, even if I am just hearing things and it's all in my noggen?!@#$%$

Enjoy your weekend,

Bastian
Old 02-14-2005, 09:48 PM

Hi ya Bastian Finally got the computer and internet back up and running
here's the pics Steven

Old 02-15-2005, 10:59 AM

very sweet, defintely have to look in to trying them

MikeSchnepp at Gmail.com
Old 02-15-2005, 05:33 PM

Bastian: Thanks for the info! I just may give them a try!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:00 PM

well when you do give them a try, let us know! cause now I'm interested!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion