The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM

Default Is it OK to link in AGF ad to another site?

I had planned to advertise in AGF but ended up leaving it with Elderly on consignment after they did a setup, couple other things, and appraisal. Thought it couldn't hurt (except the 15% hit), but am realizing it's probably not getting much exposure. But I don't want to go against the grain here if it's considered uncool. Critter.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

If you become a charter member, you can post in the classifieds section. You can also link to ebay auctions in the new auctions section.

If it's only a link to Elderly, it might not get as much interest as if you posted a few pix. We LOVE guitar pix here.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 PM

Agree about the pics. In this case the link will go to the listing, and Elderly has some very good pics up already. Twin Cities AGF? What is that all about? And do you mean Mpls/St.Paul? (which I am 90 min from)
Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispycritter View Post
I had planned to advertise in AGF but ended up leaving it with Elderly on consignment after they did a setup, couple other things, and appraisal. Thought it couldn't hurt (except the 15% hit), but am realizing it's probably not getting much exposure. But I don't want to go against the grain here if it's considered uncool. Critter.
if you are not a Charter Member you may not post a link to an ad on another website and if you are a Charter member we would ask that you post your pics on our site as opposed to posting a link to say UMGF or UBGF but you could post a link to your ad on Elderly's site...............
Old 04-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
if you are not a Charter Member you may not post a link to an ad on another website and if you are a Charter member we would ask that you post your pics on our site as opposed to posting a link to say UMGF or UBGF but you could post a link to your ad on Elderly's site...............
That's good to know - I've tried to contact AGF management twice with a similar question, but never got a reply.

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion