The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 11-11-2017, 02:04 PM
AGF Sponsor

Free shipped extended. We also offer the industry's longest return policy, 35 days. But a warning: These don't come back.

As beautiful to look at as it is to play. Renown warmth, quietness and grip.

The first one I reach for as a player. And I got into this as a player, not a businessman.

take care,
scott
Old 11-29-2017, 01:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

We sell a lot of great picks, but you folks have made the our two red models extremely popular. We're so pleased you love them as much as we do. Thus is a stunning pick to look at, and it's tone has the warm, balance and subtlety of real tortoise shell.

Here is a link to an AGF thread that has more than sixty (60) customer reviews and 6000 page views. Sometimes the buzz is true.

We have a worldwide exclusive on this material. It took us two years scouring the earth to find it, and we bought every piece we could find.

If you haven't read our reviews, here are a few current threads on AGF: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...=443221&page=4 & http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=420202.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

We have some new surprises coming before Santa slides down your chimney.

Stay tuned.....
Old 12-07-2017, 10:37 PM
AGF Sponsor

These remain very popular with our customers. Incredible tortoise-like tone, and gorgeous to look at.

Place holiday orders soon, if interested. These are very labor-intensive.

Happy Holidays!

scott memmer
Old 12-10-2017, 01:33 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Charmed Life Red: Our #1 Seller: FREE SHIPPING till 12/31/17

These two models continue to be extremely popular with our customers. Gorgeous to look at and equally stunning to play.

An awesome holiday gift for the player in your life:

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

FREE SHIPPING till 12/31/17!
Old 12-14-2017, 08:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

We had a brief run where our black large tri 1.50 mm began outselling the red models, but this was probably because it was a brand-new model. That one is still very hot, but the reds have once again taken their place as the best sellers in our company.

Folks, these models are not just a pretty face. They are made from casein, which has been renown for decades as the material of choice for what I call the real "tone chasers." Smooth, warm, balanced and quiet across the strings.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

Have good stock right now. These are the two best sellers in our entire company. Wonderful to play, and to behold.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 12-31-2017, 08:39 PM
AGF Sponsor

David, hi, Happy New Year. I hadn't been on here in a couple days, then just happened to notice your post.

I'm glad you asked, and I always play it straight.

The Jon Pearse picks are excellent picks and a superb value. In fact I first discovered the casein material myself as a player about four years ago through the JP models. Yes, we both use casein material. In fact, the casein industry, which was founded in Germany (JP is a German company, I believe) is almost dead, with almost every manufacturer gone out of business, but what's left is all in Europe. You can't buy the material in this country.

The JP models are excellent, but limited in selection and application. Again, I love them, but for one thing they only offer this funky offset point, which as a player drove me crazy. I finally had to write a "T" on the top, so I knew which side faced me when playing. But the material itself is a dream.

We try to be very traditional in our designs, with standard tris and teardrops, no weird features or doodads. Maybe that's why they sell so well, not sure. The red material is also casein, but we own a worldwide exclusive on that color so it's sorta supply and demand. People seem to like it. The red teardrop, at $40 a throw, is the number one seller in our entire company.

We searched two years to find the red material. Very shortly we'll be unveiling our new "flame" color, also a CLP exclusive.

The market is what it is. The JP picks are great and you should continue to play them.

BTW, you probably already know this, but we are also the only other company in the world using the same material as Blue Chip, which you'll see in our brown models.

Feel free to post other questions or PM me, or, if not, just have a great holiday and thanks for your interest in CLP. Very much appreciate it.

Scott

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-31-2017 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Deleted quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
I'm glad you asked, and I always play it straight.
Thanks for the detailed reply. What drew me to check out your company is the 1mm and smaller profiles you make. I love the warm, precise tone of the Fast Turtles but I want something a little smaller and a little thinner with the same wear and feel characteristics. I also appreciate your choice of alternate colors; every time I drop a tan pick, it instantly turns into the color of the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
The market is what it is.
Indeed. I don’t mind paying more for the perfect design and I would never begrudge anyone from making a profit on their excellent work. That’s why I’m a Collings guy.

All this said, I intend to put in my order soon.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

These are back in stock. We're going to be doing a limited run on a couple flame models, and hope to have these for sale up on the site around mid January.

scott memmer
Old 01-21-2018, 11:51 PM
AGF Sponsor

The red teardrop continues to be our #1 seller. Just an amazing material. I play these almost every day and they are a continual delight and revelation.

We'll buy it back if it doesn't knock your socks off.

scott
Old 02-18-2018, 11:53 AM
AGF Sponsor

We just made these available again. I always have plenty of stock, but sometimes I have to put them on a "out of stock" status on our site just to get close to catching up. Sorry for the long wait.

scott
Old 02-22-2018, 09:16 PM
AGF Sponsor

We have made these available again for a short window. By the beginning of March I will have to close the item in our store until I make more. If interested, please order before March 1st. This model remains our #1 seller over everything in our catalog and I just can't make them fast enough.

thanks,
scott
Old 02-25-2018, 04:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Extremely Limited Quantities: Red teardrop in .75 mm thickness

Red Teardrop in .75 mm thickness -- by far the thinnest casein picks in the industry.

We made about a dozen .75 mm standard teardrops in our top-selling red material. We offered these first in a private sale to our top customers and sold half in 24 hours. At this moment, we have six left. These will not be a stock item, so when they're gone, they're gone. This is a rare opportunity to own a truly world-class pick in one of the best materials in the industry. And we are the only pick company on the planet in production with casein picks below 1.0 mm. You will not believe the tone from this pick.

The red teardrop 1.0 mm is by far our #1 best seller. This one sells for the same price, $39.99. Please remember when comparing us with others that we NEVER charge freight. We always offer FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the U.S. I think it's really dishonest of a company to sell you something then ding you from $2.00-5.00. Really? For something that doesn't weigh anything? No hidden costs, folks. What you see is what you get.

If interested in placing an order, use the standard link below for the red 1.0 teardrop. Important: You MUST include a note on checkout that this is for the .75 mm model, not the 1.0 mm.

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...-1-15-in-stock

We sell a lot of great picks, but you folks have made the our two red models extremely popular. We're so pleased you love them as much as we do. Thus is a stunning pick to look at, and it's tone has the warm, balance and subtlety of real tortoise shell.

Here is a link to an AGF thread that has more than sixty (60) customer reviews and 6000 page views. Sometimes the buzz is true.

We have a worldwide exclusive on this material. It took us two years scouring the earth to find it, and we bought every piece we could find.

If you haven't read our reviews, here are a few current threads on AGF: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...=443221&page=4 & http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=420202.

Here's a video of this pick being played. In this case, it's being played directly into a Shure SM-58 on a superb Eastman E-10SS:

Old 03-24-2018, 03:01 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default New Model: Brown Series 1.0 mm tri w grip holes. An Industry First.

Howdy, All:

We're putting a new model out there for ya'll to consider. This is an industry first -- a brown series (same material as BC) standard large triangle with added grip holes for better traction, at 1.00 mm thickness. This is a test run, to see how these go. If you tell us by your purchases that this style is as popular as we think it will be, we will consider expanding these features to future Charmed Life brown series models.

Here it is in our store: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...t-1-25-w-holes

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 04-01-2018 at 12:30 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace