The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

Default Looking for Unique or Special OM/Concert (smaller body size)

Hi all. I'm looking for a "special" OM or concert sized guitar. I have my beloved Braz. RW/Addy Dread, but the size of that guitar is causing some shoulder pain, particularly when I play a lot. Consequently, I'm in need of a smaller-sized body to be able to alternate my playing with.

Given the situation, I may as well take advantage, so here's what I'm looking for - something unique/different sounding than mine, but one that still has that special "something" in terms of sound. It's very important to me that it sound every bit as good when strummed as when played finger-style. I would much prefer a sinker redwood top, but I also understand that there just aren't that many around.

A few points:
- My ideal guitar has a sinker redwood top with cocobolo B/S...but i know what the chances of that are. LOL
- I had a Taylor 512, but it did not sound good when strummed with any power at all, so no Hog/Cedar combos.
- I'm a pragmatist by nature, so if you have, say, a nice Taylor 712/812, or Huss & Dalton Tom-R, (or whatever) that you simply want to unload for a ridiculously low price, i'm all ears.
- VERY IMPORTANT: I require a 48-hour trial period for an internet-purchased guitar, upon receipt. I will do my due diligence prior to making any deal (believe me...I don't ever want to waste hundreds in shipping), however...no matter how many sound clips/pictures/videos you may send, there's only one way to be sure that it sounds as advertised, and that would come from playing it, even briefly. To put it bluntly, if you're not willing to stand behind what you ship to me, i'm not interested.
- What is my budget, you ask? LOL. I don't have an Olson wallet, it's more along the lines of a nice Taylor/Martin/H&D/(or equivalent).

Thanks everyone, let me know what you have, happy to answer any questions you have, just PM me anytime.

Last edited by justonemore; 11-02-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:20 PM

Default Webber 00-1 slothead short scale chocolate cedar and flamed maple

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=481731

lemmeno if interested
Old 01-22-2018, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Default got one

Hi all, thanks for the response, and for the private messages with options.

Fortunately, I was able to find a guitar that perfectly fit the bill (and just importantly, was in my budget range), and I absolutely love it! Plays like butter, sounds amazing (I now truly know what that "chocolatey" sinker redwood sound is, and I LOVE it). Oh, and it looks **** good, too.
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=485937

Thanks to Tyler for being such a great seller. Sent me sound clips, fair price, and completely embraced a trial period (he KNEW it wouldn't come back, it's such a beauty). #happybuyer.

ps - the tendinitis completely disappeared after a month of playing this and letting the dread sit in its case for a while.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars