The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-15-2017, 08:12 AM

Default New Original / Instrumental / Be here now

Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/jonas-finn-larsson/be-here-now

It was nice to get it out so I remember it. The only thing left is to record it properly. But for now, what did you think about it?
Old 02-15-2017, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Good playing. Tune wise I prefer more of a melodic line and song structure, but get a good clean recording and you should be fine.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 02-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Guest 33123

Great stuff!
Old 02-15-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Good playing. Tune wise I prefer more of a melodic line and song structure, but get a good clean recording and you should be fine.
Ye I usally write a bit held back melodies. I'm improving more and more. Thanks man!
Old 02-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Hi Jonas,

I thought your piece was very good! It's almost a little Bach-like on how you build on the variations of your theme started with your lower strings. The use of a steel string guitar instead of nylon adds some interest for me when you get up into the higher registers of the guitar.

I REALLY enjoyed that! I really think this song has some very strong potential for you!

Well done!

- Glenn
Old 02-16-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Jonas,

I thought your piece was very good! It's almost a little Bach-like on how you build on the variations of your theme started with your lower strings. The use of a steel string guitar instead of nylon adds some interest for me when you get up into the higher registers of the guitar.

I REALLY enjoyed that! I really think this song has some very strong potential for you!

Well done!

- Glenn
Wow thank you! I appreciate you liking it I'm glad!
Old 02-17-2017, 04:21 PM

I disagree with all the 'melody' comments, I dig a lot! It invokes an interesting, melancholy mood.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambi View Post
I disagree with all the 'melody' comments, I dig a lot! It invokes an interesting, melancholy mood.
Digging your comment! I'll keep writing. Glad to know you like the melody!
Old 02-19-2017, 04:06 AM

Hey Jonas,

that song really is soothing and melancholic. I like it, vou created a special atmosphere. One of the best instrumentals I've listened to lately, for real.

Sinerely
James
Old 02-19-2017, 05:40 AM
Charter Member

I liked that a lot, Jonas - as it is.

I like the way it builds and whilst my first impression was also that it could do with the melody coming through stronger, I changed my mind as it developed. In fact I like the way that a melody is implied in places, rather than explicit.

Definitely worth a better recording.

My music Website or Soundcloud
Some videos on Youtube
Old 02-20-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Partoir View Post
Hey Jonas,

that song really is soothing and melancholic. I like it, vou created a special atmosphere. One of the best instrumentals I've listened to lately, for real.

Sinerely
James
Wow thanks! Nice comment. Listened to your material aswell. I followed!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodB View Post
I liked that a lot, Jonas - as it is.

I like the way it builds and whilst my first impression was also that it could do with the melody coming through stronger, I changed my mind as it developed. In fact I like the way that a melody is implied in places, rather than explicit.

Definitely worth a better recording.
This is an honest comment, thank you very much. It is nice to hear your honest response I will record a better sounding version.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:14 PM

Hey Jonas, I think you did a great job with this! I am not a song writer, but the songs I enjoy most tell a story, whether with or without words. Yours is what I consider mood music, which of course sets a background mood, like if I am out wandering around in small shops with piped in music playing. Songs that have less repetition, which include a distinct melody line to follow make me want to stop and listen, like a soloist who is performing somewhere. In these cases, I would stop, sit, and listen. For me, it really comes down to different music for different occasions. I agree, this is worthy of a better quality recording.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-22-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Shepherd View Post
Hey Jonas, I think you did a great job with this! I am not a song writer, but the songs I enjoy most tell a story, whether with or without words. Yours is what I consider mood music, which of course sets a background mood, like if I am out wandering around in small shops with piped in music playing. Songs that have less repetition, which include a distinct melody line to follow make me want to stop and listen, like a soloist who is performing somewhere. In these cases, I would stop, sit, and listen. For me, it really comes down to different music for different occasions. I agree, this is worthy of a better quality recording.

Thanks for sharing!
Ah thank you! I like your honest impression. I'm a big fan of mood music myself, maybe thats why I write such music. Eric Satie is great fun to listen to. He does background music.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell