The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-13-2014, 01:26 AM

Default Cordoba fusion rose 12

Anyone familiar or played this particular guitar? Ever since I saw Rodrigo y Gabriela live, I've had it in my head to get a hybrid guitar. There is no way i can get the ntx1200r and I'm not keen on the NTX700. The YouTube demos of the fusion rose sound great but I'm always weary about that. I've tried a bunch of guitars in store after watching and listening to demos, and have been disappointed. I can't find it in store anywhere to play and would appreciate any thoughts.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:08 PM

I purchased the Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple recently. Sounds great unplugged, good tone and sustain. Has a nice piezo/mic p/u system that seems to work well. The Savarez Corum Alliance HT 500AJ strings that come with it are outstanding. The frett edges are not finished as nice as a 300 dollar Epiphone. This is a bit dissapointing considering the everyday street price is about twice the above figure. You would think they would put a little time and attention to this. Construction seems good and the tuners work well. I had considered the Yamaha NTX700 which is a very well made and good playing guitar. But I dont plug in often and the Cordoba sounds better this way. Comes with a nice gig bag that has adequate padding for light travel.

Last edited by GHS; 09-13-2014 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-14-2014, 03:09 PM

Just sat down with a cedar/rosewood fusion 12 and a couple other hybrids. Mind made up, I will definitely go with a fusion 12, they only had that one in store. But now I have to decided between this one, which sounds great unplugged or a rose version. What would the tonal differences between and all rosewood vs. cedar/rosewood be? I've actually never seen or played a rosewood topped guitar before.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:31 AM

So these are the two Cordoba Fusions that I'm trying to decide on. Which would you choose and why?

Fusion Rose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGO-ma0S6ds

Fusion Orchestra CE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oxe43YTkyI
Old 09-19-2014, 08:29 AM

I have the 12 CE. Cedar top/laminated rosewood B/S. It's a great sounding guitar. Sweet highs and defined bass. Even sounds great with a flat pick!

I looked for the rose but was unable to find one to play.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:24 AM

First time I've heard of/seen a rosewood top, solid or otherwise. Cordoba churns out a lot of models, and I'm wondering if the rosewood is an exercise in vanity - the look gorgeous, the sound fine as it goes (similar to a good laminate top?).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical