The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-13-2017, 10:35 PM

Default New video

This isn't a strictly acoustic guitar performance (that's confined to rhythm here in the context of a band), but I'm pleased with it, so I thought I'd share.

This is the first time I've succeeded in mixing multi-tracks from a live performance of the band and then having the stereo mix synced to video of the same performance (the syncing was done by our bass player, and the video was take by the husband of one of the drummers on his iPhone). Hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIsfqAF0nCM

For those of you who are curious. This was recorded live using a Behringer X32, which was also providing the mix for the house. The raw tracks (9 tracks) were edited, processed, and mixed using Garageband. Not sure what equipment Stephen used for the sync-up.

Louis

Last edited by lschwart; 07-14-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:27 AM

Very nice recording, especially the balance that allows hearing all the instruments. Love your rendition and energy in the piece. The vocal flub is that you are singing in a language that I don't understand!! Ha!!
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 07-14-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
Very nice recording, especially the balance that allows hearing all the instruments. Love your rendition and energy in the piece. The vocal flub is that you are singing in a language that I don't understand!! Ha!!
Thanks! That's one reason I didn't correct them at this stage! I'm working on some drop-ins for the album release, though.

Louis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification