The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-09-2017, 02:57 AM

Default Question on iSolo for live stage use

hi guys, those who have been using the iSolo for live use, I have questions about it, hope some nice people who have experience can help me with it..

I'm talking abt the live equipment with the effect pedal receiver, and not the USB receiver.

1. is there a mute/unmute or "silent /pop-less" on off switch on the transmitter itself, for times when you need to turn off the transmitter and go backstage? the switch needs to be silent, with no pop noise when switched on or off.

2. do I need to re-pair the transmitter with the receiver again when, say, I have turned off the transmitter, went backstage, returned from backstage and want to turn on the transmitter to continue my set?

3. if I turn off the transmitter and bring the transmitter backstage to recharge it, do I need to pair the transmitter again when I return for my next set, or can I just turn it back on and everything immediately works again?

these details are important for live use, but I don't see anywhere that carries these information, thus my questions here.. thanks!
Old 07-09-2017, 03:01 AM

sorry another question!

4. has anyone managed to distort this mic yet? I'm concerned abt those musical passages where I give it my all on the guitar, and whether the mic will start distorting due to the excess volume!
Old 07-10-2017, 07:21 AM

Played with one once last year. Unimpressed. Not built for extended use. Rechargeable, bluetooth, short battery life, .... I would spend my money on a professionally built, non-rechargeable, non-bluetooth mounted pickup.... for stage use. Too many possible pitfalls to disrupt a performance to take a single chance on it. Additionally, showing up at an OM or performance hoping to have the house capable of being able to use a bluetooth receiver. Two small parts to lose when gigging regularly..... Again, for my reputation I want a rugged, non-rechargeable, direct connect or transmitter with a substantial battery pack that has weeks of capability not a max (optimally) of 5 hrs.. THEN I would test the unit for dozens of hours to see if it would work for my playing style. Whether you can overdrive the mic is going to be determined by your testing over time. It clips at a SPL of 140 but it is internal to the guitar so you may reach 140, or not. You may love it.

As for popping, turn your mixer or amp down then turn off or (what I do) is mute your signal chain from my pedal board so the guitar can be put in its case if I have to leave it.

Last edited by ManyMartinMan; 07-10-2017 at 07:30 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification