The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-16-2024, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

Default 1952 Martin Terz 5-18

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased this guitar from another great forum member and have enjoyed it for a few months. Recently have gotten into some home repairs so unfortunately I have to let this one go.

Featuring a spruce top and mahogany back and sides, it’s smaller than a 0-18 and is designed to be tuned up a third (hence the name “Terz”). I currently have it tuned up a minor third: bass and treble strings are both G. There are 12 frets to the body, and the scale is 21.5”. The nut width is 1 9/16”. It possesses a beautiful, sweet mahogany tone that would work very well as a complementary recording or live performance instrument. Just an amazing little guitar!

Forum member I just purchased this from recently had luthier Jack Dillen perform a neck reset and bridge reglue, so it’s in perfect playing order. A pickguard crack has been repaired, and there is a slightly compressed area on the top lower bout where the wood shows a couple deep scratches. A small piece of binding has been replaced. There is a tiny stable back crack, but no cracks anywhere else on the back or sides. The tuners have been replaced with chrome Martin-branded open back gears with butterbean knobs.

Happy to answer any questions.

https://imgur.com/a/RaoLJ1K

Asking $3,800 plus shipping. Comes with original case.

Last edited by tcanaday; 03-27-2024 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

To the top, more detailed pictures posted tonight.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars