The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-27-2023, 03:09 PM

Interesting discussion.

AI is a tool that can be used or misused, and, in ways we don't even know yet, it will cause a paradigm shift.

Right now, all AI is based on "what is." Ozone says "Effortlessly achieve the sound of chart-topping hits or your favorite reference file..." My prediction is that it will be used initially for just that--to create music that sounds like other music. That could force new directions in music that don't sound like what we already have, just like the invention of photography forced painters to move away from "realism" to impressionism, abstraction, etc.

As with any technological shift, some of us might be able to predict the secondary effects, such as how the automobile lead to the highway system, but not the tertiary effects, such as strip malls and the creation of suburbs.

We're not in Kansas anymore!

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 04-30-2023, 11:57 AM

after testing alot of the presets in ozone, I went with 'voice & guitar' preset...o 'vocal & guitar' ....my mem is down this morn. It's near the bottom of the pack. I guess I coulda just read what they called it and taken it for granted but I wanted to see what alot of them did. 'Gentle guitar' works too.

Sure I could of invested a whole lifetime learning how to do it proper, and then I might hit some and might not others. So this looks like I just jumpskipped a few months, or years , which seems a boon at this point. The one thing I discovered is sometimes I need to remix to get the most out of it, but that's fast.

Sure the pro's disagree...but truthfully unless I won the lottery ( and btw ...it's fixed) and I'm not even buying a ticket, pro's never had a chance of getting my money anyway. Maybe there's a few others like me that want to be able to jump their game the fast and cheap way. I dunno know...maybe I'm the only one. But I doubt it. So it just amounts to deactivating those vst's in my master track and inserting ozone on them all. And so far it's looking like it wins every time...so far anyway. And I always reserve the right to change my opinion at a later date.

ph...the problem with using Ai in the things we use and like doing, is it compromises us slowly into it's blanket acceptance. So we have to be careful. If you want to understand Ai, just google "Ai in war" cause that's the biggest change that's coming to this world...and it's coming fast. These other little aspects of Ai we're playing with in the arts and literature's is less than a 1/1000th percent of it's real world uses. Most will have negative effects on the happy quotient of human beings. As always ....'in mho'.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp

Last edited by kurth; 04-30-2023 at 12:06 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD