The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-28-2018, 07:07 PM

Default Anyone from Long Island?

Not sure where else to post this but looking for some folks on the island that would want to get together and play some music!
Old 02-28-2018, 08:07 PM

I think mikealpine comes from Suffolk County...
Old 03-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Default I'

I am and I go out to Bellport and play in the acoustic jams;

https://bellport.com/acousticjam/index.htm

They are mostly a bunch of old coots like me, and they are all much better than I am but they are all the nicest, most welcoming people I could ever have met.

I'm not going tomorrow because I'm upstate on storm watch. While LI gets rain, up here in Shandaken we'll be getting over a foot of snow.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
I am and I go out to Bellport and play in the acoustic jams;

https://bellport.com/acousticjam/index.htm

They are mostly a bunch of old coots like me, and they are all much better than I am but they are all the nicest, most welcoming people I could ever have met.

I'm not going tomorrow because I'm upstate on storm watch. While LI gets rain, up here in Shandaken we'll be getting over a foot of snow.
Id go check it out one night - Tomorrow I am being forced to drive to Brooklyn at rush hour to go to a surpise Bday party.. So wont be making that one.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Charter Member

You better take the train tomorrow, it is supposed to be brutal out; train to Jamaica, switch trains and go right into Brooklyn, cab or subway to the party. Reverse to go home.

Anyway, I'll be going back for the Blues Jam on the 23rd. The Blues Jam is a smaller group and it can be anything from ''Hound Dog'' done jazzy to ''Key to the Highway''.

The Acoustic Jam can really be anything like from Leo Sayer to Irish love songs, and it all works. You sit in a circle and it goes around with people leading songs. I've only been playing at home for about a year and thy let me just follow along. I never worried about singing until now, so now I'm working hard to be ablr to sing an play. Thery are very encouraging to everyone. Hope to see you there.

And have fun at the party!
Old 03-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

The Bluegrass Club of Long Island hosts a bluegrass jam on the first Sunday of every month at the Smithtown Brush Barn, the jam starts at 2PM and runs until 7PM.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Bluegras...=page_internal

-Mike

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic